the worst of the worst

thumphed

The worst has happened to my bird, happened this morning, on my way to work. I was about to turn on to my road when this riced out Tiburon flies by me @ somewhere around 75 mph, i flew by them about a half mile back ... i downshift into second at 45, and hear a cl-clunk ... it takes off, and the temp goes WAY up ... i pull over immeadiately, but the damage had been done ... seized motor .... :eek: NOOO!!!! oh well, no worries, i have a spare or two ... one is already on a stand, waiting on funds for the rebuild :eek: ... might go straight stock, might goose it up a lil bit ... any ideas? :p oh, i havent dismantled the mustang yet, and am rebuilding a T5 for that as we speak, err... type/read .... nothing too serious, just a minor set back on things ...

Last edited:
Had something similar happen to me twice.

The time I was in my 79 Cobra. I was coming of the interstate and there was a stop sign at the end of the ramp. Well I stopped, then went. I gunned it hard in 1st gear, spun all the way through and then hit 2nd. About half way through that gear I heard the BOOM. The hole car was dead. Found out later that night that I destroyed the the spider gears.

The other time i got into a race with a V-8 Bird in my SC, and he was racing dirty. Well, we went back and forth for about 40 miles. We got to this city and stopped at a red light. I started revving my engine and there was alot of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and there was a metallic ratting noise. I was so embarassed. Never did find out what was making that noise, it eventually went away though.

i put a 22 mm on the crank, tried to turn it clockwise, and heard the bolt turn :eek: :(

Last edited:
Back