R/T ... 1.144
60' ... 2.550
330 ... 6.756
1/8 ... 10.156
MPH ... 72.12
1000 ... 13.077
1/4 ... 15.519
MPH ... 92.46

The day before I went to the track I went to the dyno... 216hp/318ft-lbs @ the wheels. The only mod I have is exhaust... Are these numbers normal for a 1989 sc 5-speed?

Also I had a problem at the track I thought I would ask about here. When ever I tried to launch above 2000rpms it would just make a loud "CLUNK" noise from the rear and not move. My reaction to that noise was to push the clutch in.. I figured I had broken something but when I let the clutch out again it went fine. This happend twice. My transmission was rebuilt about 2000 miles ago.. Could it be the differential?

Track time

Wow did you enjoy your nap at the light LOL

Get that reaction time down and it looks like youll turn pretty good ETS

That trap speeed looks very good for a stock SC

R/T has nothing to do with E/T. It's just the amount of time before you starting light.

The clunk could be bad mounts on the pumpkin, take a look and see.

Jeff

Ok Not Directly

ID SAY R/T EFFECTS E/T
Just for the fact that I know when Im at the track and I get smoked of the light My natural reaction is to mash the pedal down to the floor and I end up losing all traction which helps give you a 2.5 60 foot time

So no its not directly effecting your ET but your reaction to a late light

I dont know if I explained what im trying to say Maybe Im babbleing

Conan56 said:
Wow did you enjoy your nap at the light LOL

Get that reaction time down and it looks like youll turn pretty good ETS

That trap speeed looks very good for a stock SC

Yeah... It was my first time at the track as well as my first time really launching the car. I know my differential bushings are shot since I get a clunking noise if I let off the clutch fast. Would that cause me not to move though?

my first time to the track was in my 94 mustang v6 5-speed and i got nervous i was like "k walk the clutch, it will be fine" then GREEN then TO THE DAMN FLOOR NOW!!!!! yes talk about a 2.6 60 ft time!!!!! spinnin bad, i got a 17.01. then i calmed down and took it back to the lane and got a 2.4 60 time (stock 145 HP v6, 205 passenger tires, open rear end) and cruised to a 16.8. not bad for 3800 ft high and a horrible density altitude with a stock v6 stang!!! cant wait to run my SC. hopping for 2.2 60 time and around a 15.4-15.5 quarter but in this altitude im thinkin 15.7-15.8

Back