94 SC With Electrical problem *Please Help*

Conan56

Heres the deal Maybe someone has a clue

I came accross a beautiful 94 SC the other day car appears to be in excellent condition Well when I looked at the car I found multiple problems but I think they are all connected

When I test drove the car I first noticed the Climate control in the dash was INOP It wouldnt light up or do anything (I assumed maybe it was bad)

Then I took the car down the road and I tried switching the Firm/Auto ride control (Nothing on the dash was lighting up to indicate that it was working)
Im not sure if 94 SC has the Firm ride indicator like my 90 SC

Then I tried turning of the Traction control (Nothing lit up indication TC was on or off , If i remember correctly this is another light that lights up)

Lastly I tried to turn off the OverDrive (Once again nothing lit indicating that the OD shut off if working)

So when I got the car back and parked it I instantly assumed it was a Fuse/Relay or something simple I went up under the dash and discovered that the fuse marked "RUN" was blown (Im not sure what is on this circut Im thinking it is for the accessorys that are on when the car is running
(Heat, Ride control,Trac control,Overdrive control)

I attempted to change the fuse while the car was running and it just keeps blowing the fuse

Can anyone tell me if this circut is the problem with these items?
Is it possible that the car may have a bad blower motor or something which is shorting the circut?

Can someone who has a 94/95 SC check their car by pulling this fuse and check to see if they lose these same accessorys?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I can getr this car for like 2000.00 and it looks great I just dont want to get into a car that needs major electrical work

yes, I just went out, cranked my car and then pulled the fuse (its a 95) my Auto ride no longer functioned or at least didnt' light up, same with the TC and my air was just blowing full blast, beat them up another 500 for that reason and then take it. sounds like you have something grounding out, could be, like you said the blower motor if its doing nothing, as mine just started blowing max even while it was off.

Cato Did the display light up on the Climate control?

Did the Climate Control light up?

Can you turn it from AC to Heat ect....

Thanks for your help Cato

I really appreciate it

no, I got nothing on the climate control, which is what leads me to say it could be the blower motor, as mine didn't light up or anything, but it did blow like it was on max. I'd have to let it sit for a little while to see if it was blowing a/c or heat or what. but I can do that for you later if you want. this was on a 95 btw, not that I think one year would make a difference. like I said; I'd tell the guy that it obviously has a major electrical problem, and you'll give him 1500, that should leave you a 500 cushion to fix it, and if you're taking a bank loan, I might would get it for a bit higher than he wants so you can fix it.

Electrical Prob

The blower on this one did absolutely nothing at all when fuse was removed

Im thinking it may be the blower motor or the climate control unit

I may try putting a hot right to the blower and see if it does anything

well, if you decide its the climate control, I have one sitting in my living room I"ll give you dirt cheap, like $10 plus shipping

Thanks for the offer/Help Cato

I too have a climate control sitting here from a 94 SC Thats all I have left of my old SC

Back