Few simple engine rebuild questions.

ChrisNVSC

1. I managed to destroy one of my injectors. Can I buy them individually. (stock 95- Blue ones are 36#, right??)

2. I have a coolant leak. Big one that I quite figure out where it's coming from. It *almost* looks like its coming from the gasket between the block and Timing chain cover. (attached pictures)

I'd like to aviod taking this entire piece of the engine apart..however...

Ideas?
Leak1-looking down on Pass side of waterpump
Leak2-looking at it from the side
(warning - do not click if you have dialup)

Last edited:
you can buy individual injectors from http://www.racetronix.com/ or like.

As far as the leak, the first thought is the thermostat housing on the lower intake manifold. It is very common problem, you need to rtv (similar) the thermostat to the black housing before installing it, other wise it is garranteed to slip.

Good luck

Thermostat Housing

I've had problems with coolant leaking from the Thermostat Housing before. It has been sealed, and isn't leaking from there.

I just filled up the coolant system in anticipation of starting it this weekend, and the leak is big enough to produce a drop every few seconds. My garage floor is a mess. The pics show approximatley where it's coming from, but I can't pin it down exactly.

Thanks!
Chris

its prob. from the timing cover because there are two ports left and right, where studs come out. These studs hold the water pump to the cover, and the cover to the block. Like i said, those are the ports that supply the water pump, so it's most likely leaking there. It'll be a big job to fix, not hard, but just time consuming. You'll need to take everything off, and pull the cover to replace the gasket. While you're at it, might as well change the cover seal, and timing set.

You better use an OE 95 injector or replace them all. Flow rate of an aftermarket injector will be different.

Back