tripping computer

gtx446

.94 copue.very sluggish off the line..after 3000 rpms runs fine,, changed cam sensor,checked injectors.crank sensor. o2 sensors all are fine.. cked tpi sensor,, everything cked out fine.. put a new computer in the car,, ran fine for about 15 mins.. then something tripped the computer and went back to doing the same thing.. anyone out there have any idea what could have tripped the computer? any ifo would be appreciated.. thx v

gtx446 said:
.94 copue.very sluggish off the line..after 3000 rpms runs fine,, changed cam sensor,checked injectors.crank sensor. o2 sensors all are fine.. cked tpi sensor,, everything cked out fine.. put a new computer in the car,, ran fine for about 15 mins.. then something tripped the computer and went back to doing the same thing.. anyone out there have any idea what could have tripped the computer? any ifo would be appreciated.. thx v

Sluggish off the line? No low end torque? Could be something shutting the SC down, then at 3k your block's curve picks up the slack?

I recently had my 01 Frontier checked, the knock sensor was bad and when she got warm it read I was knocking and the computer shut off the SC (however it does it).

Also, years ago I had a radiator leak in my Cougar, over heated and the comp shut the SC down to 1/2 power.

Not sure how to check those though.

JStudrawa said:
Sluggish off the line? No low end torque? Could be something shutting the SC down, then at 3k your block's curve picks up the slack?

I recently had my 01 Frontier checked, the knock sensor was bad and when she got warm it read I was knocking and the computer shut off the SC (however it does it).

Also, years ago I had a radiator leak in my Cougar, over heated and the comp shut the SC down to 1/2 power.

Not sure how to check those though.
thx for reply,. 10-4 seems like a 4 cylyder when u depress the peddle.just normal driving then at 3000 rpms runs like an sc should..thx v

Nothing will “shut the SC down” it’s impossible. What kind of boost are you seeing? Knock sensor is a valid point.

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Nothing will “shut the SC down” it’s impossible. What kind of boost are you seeing? Knock sensor is a valid point.

Jeff
hi jeff car is at the mechanic.took supercharger off, cked the wiring for the injectors... whats confusing is when we put the new computer in car ran fine .off tyhe line felt like a 94 sc should.then about 15 mins later. did the same thing.,, do u still think its the knock sensor? thx v

Not real sure if it is the knock sensor or not after thinking about what you said about the car acts normal after 3K. I have heard of this problem before but can't remember that the cause was.

I would bet that the computer wasn't the problem, you probably would have gotten the same results by unplugging the computer.

Why did you take the SC off and how did you reseal the system?

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Not real sure if it is the knock sensor or not after thinking about what you said about the car acts normal after 3K. I have heard of this problem before but can't remember that the cause was.

I would bet that the computer wasn't the problem, you probably would have gotten the same results by unplugging the computer.

Why did you take the SC off and how did you reseal the system?

Jeff
to see if the injectors were fine. thx v

Back