Replacing Frayed 1992 T-Bird Seatbelts

sidorg

My drivers side seat belts, both shoulder and lap belts are getting frayed. Also the shoulder belt retractor sticks, and sometimes won't let the seatbelt go out or in. I have the automatic belts.

How difficult is it to replace the old shoulder and lap belts with new ones? I saw a couple auto sites which sell replacement belts, but I saw nothing specific to the 1992 T-Bird. However, I saw retractable and non-retractable belts. I'm assuming I could put the retractable belts in?

Thanks for any help.

George

easy

although you will have to remove the seat to do the shoulder belt.

you will need a star tool to get out the bolt that holds the lap belt in place, i think size 35, but not sure.

to do the lap belt you'll have to remove the trim piece that is down there, there are 3 screws on it, there is one on the inside edge, you can see it readily with the seat out, but it is possible to get it without removing the seat.

the lap belt comes as part of a bracket assembly that attatches to the seat, not exactly sure how it attatches but think its just a couple of bolts.

also if you like, i have some seat belts i'll be selling. they are from a 92, but would fit any early model year.

I have both lap and should, in black and blue.

contact me if you want them

jkanterakis@hotmail.com

Back