BELT And AC DELETE HELP PLEASE

porsche911

aloha.

the compressor was seized and getting really hot. i decided to go to teh auot parts store and get a belt and route it to delete the ac. well i saw that the lower radiator hose is in teh way, so i decided to go home and troubleshoot it from there. i pull away and the belt lets go. im forced to to something in teh parking lot of the parts store.

i did pull the lower rad hose quickly, draining only a bit of fluid (maybe 3 quarts or so, but was able to catch that in a disposable box for oil. i bought the shorter belt and routed it the best i could.

CURRENTLY THE RIBBED SIDE OF THE BELT RIDES ON THE FLAT WATER PUMP PULLEY. IS THIS BAD???

this was the only way i could see to do it to and cut out the ac. all the PS and alt ride normally. i drove it home the 2 miles and its sitting outside.

i will take a picture of it and post here later.

kyle

There is an AC delete pulley you can get from Ford that will replace your compressor. You can do a search to get the part number. It uses the same length belt, but you need to cut off two of the ribs because the delete pulley is only a 6 rib. I've had it on my car for over a year without any problems. I think this would be much better than your current delete setup.

insert a homer simpson "DOH" here

what an idiot i am to thinki could make this work. i have the waterpump turning backwards. there is a reason pulleys have falt sides and ribs. if you put a belt ribs down on a flat pulley you are turning that pulley bass ackwards.......

im off to rig it another way or buy a used ac to give me the right pulley configuration. the junkyard wants 150 used!!!

lowflying90 said:
i'll sell you an ac compressor for $50+shipping

Jeff

jeff im between a rock and a hard spot. my wife needs this car to get groceries while i am gone. i leave on sunday. i had to get teh new one at checker for 260.00 do you part cars? i will need a few things when i get back in sept. maybe a sc, red drivers morror and some interior trim and a few otehr minor things..................

kyle

Back