i.c fan horse power

91CaliTBIRD

Anyone know how much horsepower we are suppose to get when we add the 800cfm fans on our intercoolers? And of course there is no horsepower increase when our cars are cold right? I ask because i really dont feel to much of a difference when i added this fan on my intercooler. Its a kick *** little fan and im glad i got it but i dont feel the difference as much as i thought. I guess ive heard to much bragging about this fan so i expected more. Ive heard about how much cooler our i.c. pipes are suppose to be and i dont feel no difference. I also live in so. Cali. so im sure that has alittle to do with it. Thanks

Not a HP gain a consistancy gain if anything...If you hook up some kind of water mister on yer IC that would help as well

Many say that they notice a difference in where their temp gauge rests at when using the IC fan. As far as power gains, it is probably minimal, but every bit does help. If you were using it on and off at the track, you could probably see a difference as far at times are concerned. With my ride, i put a thermostatic switch in for the ic fan, and it doesn't get as hot as it used to. Even after the car is off, it will kick on and off keeping the ic cool.

91CaliTBIRD said:
Anyone know how much horsepower we are suppose to get when we add the 800cfm fans on our intercoolers? And of course there is no horsepower increase when our cars are cold right? I ask because i really dont feel to much of a difference when i added this fan on my intercooler. Its a kick *** little fan and im glad i got it but i dont feel the difference as much as i thought. I guess ive heard to much bragging about this fan so i expected more. Ive heard about how much cooler our i.c. pipes are suppose to be and i dont feel no difference. I also live in so. Cali. so im sure that has alittle to do with it. Thanks

I never felt my fan either

Well it like when I put my double IC on ,it added a little horse power and for the most part it helped to keeping operating temps down ,which like Damon says ,consistency of temps ; translation more USABLE HP !

I noticed a difference when I installed the fan. Mostly at the end of the 1/4 mile. If felt like it would keep pulling at higher rpm.
I was running pretty consistantly at 13.30s and then when I put the fan on, I was running pretty consistant 12.90s. It was a different day and a different track but I have to believe that the fan had something to do with it also.

Keep Cool

darriantbird said:
Well it like when I put my double IC on ,it added a little horse power and for the most part it helped to keeping operating temps down ,which like Damon says ,consistency of temps ; translation more USABLE HP !
:confused: :confused: COOL IS THE WORD :cool: :cool:

Keepin' Yur Cool

ThunderRoad said:
:confused: :confused: COOL IS THE WORD :cool: :cool:
With a bunch of mods, & OEM IC, I was running 14.5 - 14.6 AND hitting the knock sensor continously from 3k to redline. IC outlet pipe was to hot to keep your hand on.

Added the DIC & fan, & dropped 1/3 sec off my time!!!!! Also IC outlet pipe was only a little warm. Haven't had it back on the dyno, but will soon.

68COUGAR

Back