System installation help!!!!

Dtowndurtieburd

I am trying to run power wire for my system from the hood to the trunk but I can't find/see an opening or grommet to put the wire through. I'm really trying not to have an audio shop do it, but I'll have to if I can't find help here. ANY SUGGESTIONS???!!!!!

First off... what gauge wire are you running? That will change how you'll have to route the wiring, the bigger it is the harder it is to route without drilling holes in the firewall or running it under the vehicle to the back.

I'll tell you how I ran my mom's installation on her 96 Bird... We used 8 gauge wiring, so it wasn't that big, but 4 gauge may work this way as well. I ran it into the front driver-side wheel well, ziptied it up to keep it under the splash shield (it helps to take the wheel off and the splash shield out). I then ran in through the grommet that the hood release cable goes through. Once it's inside, grab it, and hide it under all the trim under the dash and under the door trim piece. Pull out the bottom of the back seat and run the wire into the trunk.

If it makes sense, it works pretty well and nothing is damaged (no holes drilled) which is how I prefer to do things. You don't see any of the wiring.

Nick

There is a hole underneath your starter solenoid that goes to you fenderwell. Put a rubber grommet in the hole and run your wire through there. There is a hole with a grommet in it at the bottom of the fenderwell to the left of where your ground effects are mounted. It's oval shaped. It leads into the cabin right underneath the kick panel I beleive. Take the left kickpanel off, lift up the carpet and you will see it.

thanx!

I ended up doing a combination of both. I ran the wire from the battery into the wheel well and under the splash shield, then out right where the grommet is by the ground effects. I cut a slit in the grommet to allow the 4 gauge wire to pass through and ran that through the cabin floor underneath the carpet/doorpanels, under the back seat, and into the trunk. That takes care of the power wire. now on to the turn-on and rca's which I think will be easy. thanx 4 all the help!!

make sure you have a fuse near the battery a fireman told me stereo wires is the main cause of car fires

Back