Wheelspin now a problem

mcate

Just installed my chip from SCP, & had my 3.73 gears put in yesterday. Car feels GREAT, but now the problem is wheelspin! Car is a '95 automatic, & has the traction assist switch, which I just found out works QUITE well! With traction assist off it just spins the right rear wheel like crazy through 1st & 2nd. With it on, the car will just spin a little out the hole, & spin a little bit more when it hits 2nd. (Trans Go shift kit hits 2nd HARD) I had never looked into it, but I just assumed these cars had limited slip. When the guy put the gears in he told me there were parts left over because the rebuild kit I got was for a limited slip diff.
How hard is it to convert over to limited slip, & what are the pros & cons?

Thanx,
Mike

Mike that is reason #1 your modded SC will probably not hang with the Stang..I had a modded(still do 94 SC ) and at the trac spinning liek crazy in first and second it did a 15.1...With traction control on...SPinning a bit in first then same in second....15.1

Get the Trac loc ..The traction control doesnt work well in snow...So hell why have an opne diff

Auto cars got Traction Assist in later models with an open diff. All 5 speed cars have a trac-loc rear diff.

You know whats funny? the 94-95 auto with open rear still out performs any year SC stock. Ok bold statement but the 94-95 5 speed is faster then them all again stock but It all depends on the car as well as Ive seen some factory freaks run better times. On a sad note I will not be working on these cars anymore as Im getting too *** you know what I mean. I need to buy a newer car. all for sale now.

Mike. I installed a trac-lok (limited slip) differential along with a 3.55:1 gear set in my 94 SC (automatic) and it made a heck of a difference launching the car. Do it, you won't regret it. :D Just remember to turn your traction assist off before hard launhes. ;)

I guess it all depends on the gears.....I have 3:55 gears in my 95SC and recently ran a 14.004 @ 95.41mph on street tires with just bolt on stuff.

With a drag radial of some sort I pretty sure I can see a 13.9xx. I'll be trying again in a few weeks.

I talked to the guy who installed my gears & he said he could put the limited slip in for around $300. Guess that's next!

Back