Heater hose routing underhood?

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I confirmed tonight that the coolant leak in my drag racer is indeed my heater core. The carpet's wet on the tunnel underdash. I'm going to bypass it for the time being but I'm not sure of the routing of the hoses. If someone has a diagram that would be most helpful. I'm thinking that I can undo the hoses at the end of the metal tubes on top of the valve covers and then jumper the two metal tubes with some heater hose. Is this correct? I should have taken a foto when I had the engine out of the red car but never thought about it.

Mike Puckett said:
I confirmed tonight that the coolant leak in my drag racer is indeed my heater core. The carpet's wet on the tunnel underdash. I'm going to bypass it for the time being but I'm not sure of the routing of the hoses. If someone has a diagram that would be most helpful. I'm thinking that I can undo the hoses at the end of the metal tubes on top of the valve covers and then jumper the two metal tubes with some heater hose. Is this correct? I should have taken a foto when I had the engine out of the red car but never thought about it.
Your right, just checked my car and if you connect the left and right side metal tubes together with a hose you will bypass the heater core.
Mike Tuck

Thanks Mike.I was about to pull the blower to get at the hoses where they connect the the heater core tubes. This'll be a lot easier, whew.

Back