Call me crazy but...

SC90_Pete

Well the summer is almost over and I have to stop spending money on mods and start saving money for school. :mad: However, the only problem is that I can't stop thinking about what I want to do next. First thing I'm going to do next summer is get a set of new tires. I was thinking about these http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw.jsp. I really like my current set of BF Goodrich's and I would like to upgrade to more of a sport tire. What do you guys think and also do you have any other recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
SC90_Pete said:
Well the summer is almost over and I have to stop spending money on mods and start saving money for school. :mad: However, the only problem is that I can't stop thinking about what I want to do next. First thing I'm going to do next summer is get a set of new tires. I was thinking about these http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw.jsp. I really like my current set of BF Goodrich's and I would like to upgrade to more of a sport tire. What do you guys think and also do you have any other recommendations. Thanks in advance.

After speaking with Kumho USA, I went with the Kumho ECSTA KH11's. For $56 each off Tire Rack, I didn't think I'd get a better bang-for-the-buck in dry and wet traction. Read the reviews, etc. $70 for shipping from AZ to Atlanta. Another $75 for installation at a local shop. $370 all told. Better than $570 for Pirelli P6's locally.

SC90_Pete said:
Have you had any problems with wear while using the kumho's?

The Kumho's haven't arrived yet :) Bought them yesterday morning. Should have them on this weekend. I'll post some more after a few weeks of tearing them up.

This is 225/60's, so not sure what the above poster is looking for. In stock range, there's not too much super high performance anymore. It's all moved to 50 > series.

Sorry, should have stated that first.

I bought Kumo 255-50-16,s about 8 mnths ago and I love them once you break them in thy hook up nice off the line ,and the handle damned good in the rain! Did I mention the make alot of smoke doing a smoke show :D :D :D

I have to diagree about kuhmo's I used them on some of my driftcars cuz they were cheap and wore down fast so i could slide my cars and not have to worry about a good tire getting in the way. They wear fast and in my opinion they suck maybe they have gotten a bit better because thay are now a bigger company but I think they suck. Bridgestones are good, but I have found my new favorites they are nitto555R extreme drag (Best tires ive evr owned!!) if your not looking for a drag tire try the nitto neo gen's they are on my WRX and they grip like a champ. The 555r"s are awesome I have 315 ,35x17"s on and they will not slip on dry pavement period! They are not that bad in the rain either, only use in snow if you have chains or a deathwish.

Attachments

• nitto.bmp
    130.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back