Traction Lock, do I need it

Bleed_Ford_Blue

As you all probably know (from my 6 million posts) I just bought a 95 5spd. I also just acquired a toasted 93 auto. As I understand it my 95 doesnt have trac lock and the 93 does. What does the trac lock do for you, why isnt it in my 95 and how much of a pain in the *** would it be to jack it from the 93 and stuff it in my 95, or do I need it.

Ford traction lock is pretty mutch the equivlent of 'posi' in GM vehicles. Basically is makes it so both tires spin instead of one. the 94/95 supercoupes with the 5-speed transmission had trac lock

I was under the impression that while the 94/95 automatics deleted trac-lock and got abs traction control,
the 5-sp cars retained the trac-lock diff and no atc.

Which Gus already said, basically.

BFB, are you here in Okla City?

Last edited:
so trac lock is limited slip I never heard it called that, I was thinking it was some form of traction control like the indy cars have. I wish I knew that I wouldnt have asked a stupid question.Why cant everybody call stuff the same name and STOP CONFUSING ME. And to answer wards question, no I am not in the city, I live in perkins which is just south of stillwater, GO POKES

Hey,

Give me a date and a map and Ill come down, Ill bring my brand spankin new (to me) 95 5 spd which is CHERRY by the way, and maybe my 93 5 spd if I can get someone to drive it for me (nobody touches the 95 not even my wife)

Back