PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensors........

Dahoopd
07-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Hello,
Are there aftermarket O2 sensors like from autozone, or is it best to use Ford sensors.

My second question can some detail the parts needed to do the exhaust I am not concerned with brands. I know I need a good cat back system. But I am not clear as to what is needed after the manifolds.I know this is the same old question asked all of the time, but I have not seen a detailed list. I have an idea of downtubes, cats and resonator. Do these 3 parts run in conjunction to each other. I have seen Y pipes and other itmes. I am shopping around so not all parts will come from the same vendor. Thanks again for the help.

I also just sent the check for the membership.I am hoping to get some more info. This site is awesome. I find myself geeking on here most of my day. I try reading everything, but there is a plethora of info to be retained. Thanks again

mcate
07-28-2004, 07:03 AM
I used Bosch sensors from Advance Auto on both my 95's & they're fine.
As for the exhaust, I downloaded & printed pictures of the system sold on www.supercoupeperformance.com & took them to the shop, & told the guy that that was what I wanted. Tell them that reducing back pressure is your primary concern, & a good pipe bender will know what to do. I used straight thru cats, & Magnaflow resonator & mufflers. Bigger pipes too, 2 1/2" - 3" - 2 1/2". My total cost was around $650, but I got a good discount on the parts.