Roaring Noise in Air Intake

dastalka601

Just recently bought a 91' SC auto. The head gaskets were blown and the car had set for about 5 months with water in the oil. I decided to replace the engine, just completed everything, did all of the checks(supercharger oil, trans, p/s, etc.) and everything turned out ok. Started the car, fired right up, running beautiful. While waiting for the new engine to warm up started hearing A roaring noise coming out of the air intake tube. This noise would gradually get louder and louder, decided to turn off the engine and when I did this the engine stopped right away but the noise sounded like the turbine continuing to run for 3 seconds. Checked for blockages in the airway and found nothing wrong. This noise will go away when you even touch the gas. Any ideas on what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris Despot
dastalka601@comcast.net

well ur IAC valve has gone south, change ur IAC valve located on the throttle body, oh yeah replace it with a genuine one from FORD, check for VACUUM leaks also, good luck. let me know if u need more help

Back