Tokico Illumina Electronic Adjustable Shocks

Rooster Booster said:
Are these good shocks or not. I just want to know if you guys seem to like them.
Thanks
Mike

I think they're too soft. I'm using them with the Suspension Techniques linear rate springs. Next time, the Bilsteins I have laying here are going on.

MarksM said:
I think they're too soft. I'm using them with the Suspension Techniques linear rate springs. Next time, the Bilsteins I have laying here are going on.
Mark, which Suspension Techniques springs are they? I cannot seem to find an S/T website and I want to know what the spring rates are and how much of a drop they are. I want a high performance spring to go with my Koni's. Can't stand Eibachs.

XR7 Dave said:
Mark, which Suspension Techniques springs are they? I cannot seem to find an S/T website and I want to know what the spring rates are and how much of a drop they are. I want a high performance spring to go with my Koni's. Can't stand Eibachs.

I got the ones off JC Whitney. They advertise a 1.5" drop and 10% to 15% increased rate over stock. I like them better than the H&R's I had on my LX but the Tokico shocks aren't a good match for them.

Mike8675309 said:
BellTech Corp manufactures the Suspension Techniques line.

http://www.belltechcorp.com/pages/downloads.htm

I didn't see any published spring rates for the Tbird springs. And they specifically say not SC. So I would guess their spring rates are off a bit for the SC. But it sounds like quite a few people are using them and are happy.

Suspension Techniques

Suspension Techniques-Sport Sport Suspension springs are of the linear design and offer cold wound steel that is powder coated for a lifetime of protection. Suspension Techniques offers one kit for the 89-97 Thunderbird and it is designed to lower the car 1.50". The front spring rate is 432 lbs per inch and the rear spring rate is 631 lbs per inch with a freelength of 14.33 in front and 10.89" in the rear. Suspension Techniques makes their springs in the USA and the average discounted price for the springs are around $220.00 - $250.00 and come with a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of the product that it will be free of manufacturing defects so long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which such products were originally installed. The warranty is transferable by the original purchaser for a warranty period of five years from the original purchase date..

Back