PDA

View Full Version : bouncy speedometer

capitanBS
07-28-2004, 07:36 PM
My speedometer has been bouncing all over the place. It seems to only happen when the weather is hot or really hot and humid. I've already replaced the speed sensor and cleaned the connection to the sensor. Now, I am planning on removing the speedometer to try to find something that may fix it. its an LX not an SC and I am just getting really frustrated with trying to find the problem.

p.s. I've done countless searches trying to find something like this and someone else had the same problem, but wasn't worried about fixing it.

darkstar_one
07-28-2004, 10:35 PM
dont worry mines beeing doing it also with the heat, it works fine when its cool, but when its hot it will jump to 20 and work fine.

Jeff Bratton
07-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I've heard when this starts, you will be needing a new speedo sensor, which is located near the left rear side of the tranny.

Jeff B.

Thunderbird84
07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
I've heard when this starts, you will be needing a new speedo sensor, which is located near the left rear side of the tranny.

Jeff B.

I know that a 93 Olds Cutlass Supreme is a completely different car, but the same thing happened to it. First the tach would bounce all over, than the speedometer would bounce. After a while, the speedo wouldn't move until I got over 20 mph. Soon after that, the car wouldn't shift properly anymore. New sensor and all is well.

Bob