mufflers

I have the original 40 series on mine. I don't have a resonator right now, so under full throttle, it's a little raspy. Other than that, I like them a lot. I will be getting a resonator soon to take care of that problem.

David

Same here, but with resonator....good bass note, no rice sound..Borla's would sound better :D but i still had money in my pocket when i left the exhaust shop.

jwhit said:
ok thanks guys im going to buy the flowmasters
I have 40's on my '94 5spd. They drone badly on the highway around 2300-2400rpm.

My system:
Ported manifolds
2.25 dragpipes
dual 2.5 x single 3 Magnaflow
3" run under the tank
3 x 2.5 y-pipe
2.5 to each muffler
2.5 Flowmaster 40 mufflers
2.5 chrome turndowns

Those that have listened to it generally dig the tone/sound but I hear a slight metallic rasp. The mufflers are about 4 years old and I think a few of the internal spotwelds have cut loose and are the reason for the noise, probably because the walls of the mufflers are vibrating. I noticed this same problem on my homemade resonator. At certain rpms you could actually see the walls fluttering and hear the noise. I've since replaced it with the Magnaflow resonator.

Brand new, Flows are great...but just like your tires or any other part of your car keep an eye on their condition.

'bird

Kinda hjacking the thread here but I was also thinking of hacking the reasonator off and replacing it with a flowmaster muffler or something along those lines. What does anyone think of that ?! BTW i have no mufflers now.

Back