Heater core Help

T

Tim Moore

Heater core Help

Antifreeze is dripping onto carpet. Does anyone know of a good and reasonable shop to get this repair done. Thanks

Re: Heater core Help

Raj. Apparently hes busy for the next month though.

Thanks Jamie but i need it done right away as it is my only way to get my wife to work and back.

it's still like a 8 hour job or something :) and you should know that with ownign a s/, you need a Backup car :)

I Was dreeding the heater core thing, till i found out a heater core hose was leaking :) <sigh of relief> But i think it (The heater core) is plugged thou...

heater core

check the two hose conections by the fire wall you will see one has a 45 bend to it hope this helps and at least its a start .if knot phone 604 556 3600 these guys are stright shooters .. but it will take a full day to do it and build you a better heater core .. if that doesnt work disconect the two hoses and hook them both together

Re: heater core

Tim:
MOST shops do not charge for the diagnosis,
so go to Dave Buck Ford service, or any appropriate
locale closest to you...

Tim:
MOST shops do not charge for the diagnosis,
so go to Dave Buck Ford service, or any appropriate
locale closest to you...

The problem with Dave Buck Ford and other dealers is that their labour rate is 95-100 an hour, and they only pay 28 an hour so why do they charge so much. Can you say RIP ME OFF

Re: At what point do we compromise ourselves ?!

Tim, that's only ONCE u enlist their services, lol!!!

I wrote: Get a quote, an opinion, an assessment,
which is the job of the Service Advisor. Beyond
him, is the availability of their mechanics who
at least knowing your product, do give u a fairly
accurate fast insight to that which is needed
and not uninformed opinion on an unknown
product elsewhere!

You think just becuase they "only" pay 28 an hour. they should only charge 28 an hour . who is going to pay for the building , the equipment , the service writer ????? You know there is a lot of overhead in owning a business. all business's from a small one all the way to a large dealership. I owned a repair shop for ten years. I made a decent living but the costs to own a business are huge. I'm sorry to vent but it burns me up when people bitch about labor rates.

I bitch at high labour rates because they are excessive. I've been in buisness for 27 years, and you don't have to remind me of operating costs being high. I know it all too well. It is the arrogance of the "Service Advisors" (who usually don't know Jack #96?. about any thing) that drives me crazy. Thus giving justification to the 100 per hour. I've watched it go up yearly, and it's like a game to see who can have the highest labour rate. Ford 97-103, GM 98-108. With it being that high it seems to me that they should start to think about lowering their overhead.

You are correct. dealer labor rates are high. Service writers that are just salesmen really give the industry a bad name. Sorry again about venting , too many people have never been in business & think if you own a business you have tons of money. If owning a business was easy everyone would do it.
Derek

Back