SC Daily Driver in trouble Help!

getblown

Well recently i noticed (and how couldnt i) a miss, not just any miss, the whole Cyl#5 doesnt fire at all... quality i know. So my friend and i, SCott, figured it could be the intake gasket. Being a top mechanic we replaced that and cleaned up the spark plug cause it had tones of oil on it, we had assumed that it was the intake cause of all of the oil... wrong

It ran for about 40 miles afterward and then started to miss again (damnit). Now that is the way im driving it... i know its not good, but i have no other means of transportation.

So i decided to do a little testing, I started the car and started to drive it like my grand mother would drive it, NO BOOST AT ALL!! I drove it for aaabbout... 4 miles like a sissy at 2500rpm in 3rd gear when i noticed that i didnt feel a miss anymore, SO I hammered the pedal and dropped it into 2nd gear and the SC took off like it would have weeks before, Then when i let off of it it missed again, so i repeated this process twice on the way home, both times it working and pulling like it should until i let off of it for a while.

That is where i am at at the moment. So i have a new intake gasket on it now and SCott told me that it could be either the valve guides or the rings, and we dont think it is the rings cause the motor has less than 4k on it, but we didnt rebuild the valve guides when we put the new rebuilt motor in it and i havent tried new plugs and wires yet?

Any clues on what my problem could be with the given situation above? I think i got everything.

jOe

sounds liek my problem minus all the oil thats scary.. . i dunno what to say about this.. did u try replaceing that plug cause maybe it foloued itself from all teh oil.

Back