SC retitleing - Little Story and ?'s

getblown

I have to find a second car because trying to make my Daily Driver SC fast is just a task i cannot accomplish right now. So i found a friend who works in the auto towing, repo biz, what ever you want to call it.

Well he came across a early gen SC with 212k on it, Silver with red leather :mad: (damn that is ugly) Auto in nice shape for its givin "scene". It turns out that this SC had been abandoned and the time for the owner to come pick it up has run out ( yeah for me) $500 thats a steal... hehe only i have to get keys made from ford cause it has no keys in it

So my question is to you guys who deal with some of this stuff or have before is,
1. How hard is it to get a car retitled?
2. How much is it to get another title?
3. and where would i go about getting this title

and last, Is it worth getting this for a Daily Diver, or should i not title it and just part it out...? I would rather drive it cause i dont want to take apart ANOTHER SC... i see that happen way to often. thanks guys

jOe

The towing company that impounded it has to get the title for you. They apply for it as an abandoned vehicle. I don't know if you can do that yourself, I don't think so.

I'd drive it at least until you figure out what's wrong with it. I got one with 208K on it for $25 bucks once that drove perfectly. :/

Joe,
Just call a fast tags place and explain your situation to them. They should be able to tell you exactly what needs to be done (more than likely you'll need them to do some or all of the paperwork).
Mike

getblown said:
I have to find a second car because trying to make my Daily Driver SC fast is just a task i cannot accomplish right now. So i found a friend who works in the auto towing, repo biz, what ever you want to call it.

Well he came across a early gen SC with 212k on it, Silver with red leather :mad: (damn that is ugly) Auto in nice shape for its givin "scene". It turns out that this SC had been abandoned and the time for the owner to come pick it up has run out ( yeah for me) $500 thats a steal... hehe only i have to get keys made from ford cause it has no keys in it

So my question is to you guys who deal with some of this stuff or have before is,
1. How hard is it to get a car retitled?
2. How much is it to get another title?
3. and where would i go about getting this title

and last, Is it worth getting this for a Daily Diver, or should i not title it and just part it out...? I would rather drive it cause i dont want to take apart ANOTHER SC... i see that happen way to often. thanks guys

jOe
the towing comany has to get title by show lein agaist car from towing and stroage fees , most towing companys know the paperwork that has to go to dmv it takes 90days after papers are files to get title .

I'd buy it in a heart beat. There is a guy who comes to my work all the time that has KILLER deals on cars he tows and impounds. Lots of them are no insurance or driver was arrested for DUI tows and they can't afford to pay him to release the cars. He then fixes them if anything is wrong (brakes, shocks, engine or trans swap) and then sells them for enough to cover his time and investment. I passed on an 89 F-150 4x2 300 I-6 5-speed for $500.00 and I should have bought it. It was black, long box. They can get the titles for the cars. I'm going to be getting a killer deal on a GMC Jimmy next friday.

Back