Adding Nitrous to cool intercooler

quick35th

I have heard of people doing this to other cars before in the past. So I was thinking why cant I use the cooling affects of the N02 to my advantage. My plan is that I am going to rebuild the entire front suspension and use konis. Then I would add the nitrous and put an aircraft style switch where the ride control switch was. Has anyone put an aftermarket switch in this place before?

But my big question is what do I need to build a kit that I could tap the intercooler and spary a little birst of nitrous into it to cool it at the track?

Would the intercooler hold up over time?

Has anyone ever done this before? I remember reading about someone wanting to spray the intercooler with windshield washer fluid sometime back.

I really only want the NOS for cooling purposes and dont plan on injecting it directly to the motor.

Anyone got any ideas?

Shane

It will still carry into the engine, it is a sealed system. Post intercooler is actually more efficient, the closer to the engine the better. The trick is to make sure the air charge temp sensor sees the temp drop so the computer can alter the timing.

Quite a few places sell and intercooler kit. Do an ebay search and you will see. Also, some choose to use Co2 rather than N2o.

Thanks for the info guys. I will look around and see what is availible than. Does anyone know what companies make the kits?

Shane

Liquid CO2 Spray Bar

I built a liquid CO2 spray bar for my IC. It fits on the front of the IC. It encircles the front of the IC. It has 21 (23?) ports that spray liquid C02 on the front of the IC. I then have a 900 cfm, 10" fan to pull the CO2 through the IC. When we tested it on the bench, with a spare OEM IC, it completely frosted the IC. Of course with hot air inside the IC, it won't frost, but it will chill the IC pretty good. CO2 is also a LOT cheaper than NO2!!!!! I can get my big tank filled for $8.00!!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back