need help fast

ZOOMBUGGY3

hey whats up guys i got a 2nd sc now 90 black on black leather 5-speed and im having a problem with the anti-theft. the problem is that if i leave the battery connected and close the doors after about 2 minutes the alarm starts going off for no reason. and i cant shut it off i tried putting the key in the door, in the ignition, and useing the key pad and it wont turn off until i disconnect the battery. whats worng with it. is it possible that the key pad is broken or a button on the pad is stuck. now when i mean key pad im talking about the one that is on the outside of the drivers door.

Do you have the Keyless Entry System? If so, you can test the keypad by first programming it with a code that uses all the buttons, for example 13579. Then see if it will operate the door locks.

i used the key pad acouple of times. i got the code from the anti-theft computer in the trunk its stamped on their.but i think the key pad is all screwed up because i would hit the buttons and it would not allways work. im trying to make it stop going off for no reason. i realy want to disable ithe factory alarm because i am putting in one of my own.

Have you tried unplugging the Anti-Theft module? It's behind the black plastic panel that is fixed to the inner wall of the rear driver's-side fender and is a beige box approx. 1.5"x3"x4".
I don't have the factory alarm so I don't know if unplugging the module will activate the disarm relay and allow you to start the car.

Last edited:
Back