clear some things up

z9_87

I needed some clarification on some things. 1. 89-93 sc's w/ auto came w/ 3.27's and a 8.8" rear right? 2. is the model number for the 89-93 auto tranny a 4r70w? if not what is it? 3. does the tbird and foxes share anything when it comes to platform?

Thanks for the info,
Zach

z9_87 said:
I needed some clarification on some things. 1. 89-93 sc's w/ auto came w/ 3.27's and a 8.8" rear right? 2. is the model number for the 89-93 auto tranny a 4r70w? if not what is it? 3. does the tbird and foxes share anything when it comes to platform?

Thanks for the info,
Zach

1. That is correct.

2. 89-93SC's had the AOD transmission.

3. Maybe something, but I don't know what it is. Generally speaking, no. I know the V8 oil pans interchange. :/

The model number for the AOD is: AOD

Super Coupe AOD's should have a large A cast into the bellhousing signifying the heavy duty overdrive band. You can swap any aod into the SC, but if you don't get the heavy duty OD band (still weak in my book) your trans won't last long.

Scott Long said:
The model number for the AOD is: AOD

Super Coupe AOD's should have a large A cast into the bellhousing signifying the heavy duty overdrive band. You can swap any aod into the SC, but if you don't get the heavy duty OD band (still weak in my book) your trans won't last long.

ok thanks. I think the OD band is weak to, but i dont need to have it floored in 4th much anyways. The reason I'm asking this is i was looking at a high stall torque converter and wanted to know the type. Will a torque converter for a 4r70w fit in a AOD?

Back