3.73 Gear Installation Question...

eyefly

Just ordered a 3.73 gear for my 91 SC w/ AOD. While I'm having the gear pulled, is there anything else that I should replace (bearings, etc)? How difficult a project is this? If anyone has a step by step, or a link to this process, I'd appreciate it.

I've been told that this is a great upgrade for my car. I hope so!

Rich

I just had mine done last week. Had the differential bushings done too. Wish I'd gotten a limited slip differential put in while it was opened up because wheelspin is definitely a problem now.

You could do a new set of seals and bearing as well. I had my whole trac-lok rebuilt when I had my 3.27's installed along with the rest of the rear end freshened up. I don't know the total cost I paid since I had the trans rebuilt w/ brass synchro's, and a new clutch kit, pilot bearing, slave and master cylinders, motor mounts, and rear diff mounts all installed at the same time.

I only paid $250 to have mine done. The girl at the counter mistakenly quoted me $225 because she didn't know that T-Birds have IRS. The owner wanted to charge $300, but met me in the middle at $250. I think most places will charge you around $300.

Back