Paasenger Side Leak

1fastsupercoupe

when it rains hard my passenger side front floor gets soaked...i pulled up the carpet and there is about a 1/4 in of water under that sitting in the floor pan....the car sat overnight and it rained pretty hard this morning here in nj....looked in the door jams on both sides..same amount of wetness in there...pulled up the trim(the bigger black one) and it had some water under there(not a lot)..also pulled up the fuzzy trim that runs across the top of the door..some wetness there as well....

do i need to buy new door seals(mine are not cracked,torn etc) or could i gorilla snot under the trim to maybe cure my problem....

you really cant see where its coming from..and YES MY WINDOWS WERE UP ALL THE WAY

Ford Article No. 91-15-1 from 7/24/91 states that water may enter from the passenger side cowl top air vent during heavy rain because of inadequate sealing around the air intake collar. This problem was fixed with an extension piece (P/N F1SZ-63021B26-A), a new screen (P/N F1SZ-83018A16-A), and black silicone rubber sealant.
In my opinion rainwater flows down the windshield, goes under the two black plastic pieces that cover the cowl, and then drains sideways via the metal channel that runs along the bottom of the windshield. If the flow is too high the water overflows the channel and pours into the air vent.
I would check to see whether the channel is blocked by leaves or windshield sealant. You can also apply thin window weatherstripping to the underside of the cowl covers where they meet the windshield to prevent water from flowing under them.

think i discovered what was wrong...my heater core box itself has a piece missing on the bottom..prolly good 2" by 2" square section......its not the heater core leaking but water getting down inside there and leaking out onto the carpet...thats my only guess at this situation...

The only opening for water to enter the heater core box is the air intake in the cowl. Why don't you check the sealant around the collar. If that is O.K., then cover the air intake with a plastic bag and pour a few buckets of water on the windshield. If water doesn't drip from the heater box then try the suggestions in my previous post.

Jonathan

Back