1/8 Mile Times

Adam155724

Hello, My name is Adam and I have owned my 94 5speedSC for a little over a year now.

Took it to the track for the 2nd time so far and here are the results
Temp was close to 90 degrees and I live in the Northern Panhandle of WV

Reaction: .834
60 FT: 2.367
1/8 ET: 10.012
1/8 MPH: 73.44

Mods include:
3.27 Gears (Trac lock is worn out)
5% OD pulley
Magnum Powers Raised TOP
Rewire elec fan to 180 degrees
190 lph fuel pump
Cut of mufflers.

So what do you guys think, given the weather am I at where I should be, Any advice?
On the launch I feather the clutch and the wheels chittered across the pavement, not much spin.

Last edited:
Your 1/8 mi time should be a little better than that. Your 60' time is one of the killers here. You're right about keeping the wheelspin down but you're probably not getting on the power soon enough. Once the rear tires grip you can give it full power. Try to get it down into the low 2.2's at least. How was your 330'? It should be in the 6's for your best times. A 10.0 1/8th is a mid 15 in the 1/4 which isn't bad at that temp and altitude. Get a complete free flow exhaust put in, that'll really help.

Mike Puckett said:
Your 1/8 mi time should be a little better than that. Your 60' time is one of the killers here. You're right about keeping the wheelspin down but you're probably not getting on the power soon enough. Once the rear tires grip you can give it full power. Try to get it down into the low 2.2's at least. How was your 330'? It should be in the 6's for your best times. A 10.0 1/8th is a mid 15 in the 1/4 which isn't bad at that temp and altitude. Get a complete free flow exhaust put in, that'll really help.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the advice. I will be going back the track in october once the weather cools some to see if i can get into the low 9's. Exhaust will likely be my next mod but they are few and far between since I am still a poor college student.

wow, ur reaction time is a lil slow, almost a second to react, need to work on that if u wanna see a lower time... try working on it at a stop light while nobody is around.

Reaction time has NOTHING to do with your ET...That is simply the amount of time that passes from when the light turns green until the car moves. The time doesn't start until the car moves. And it also depends on what type of tree the track is running. I'm assuming that it's run on a .500 tree so that would be just over .3 of a second for actual reaction time. That is not bad for the 2nd time out...

another factor is the track as well. I was running 10.3s (stock) all day at one track and at another with much better prep work (and a couple mods) I was running 9.5s-9.7s

I have a ? about cooling the intake charge. I was wondering what everone's opinion of a CO2 cooling setup for the intercooler. Essential it is a stystem that sprays the intercooler with CO2. I can make the setup for close to 120.00 but im worried about the intercooler cracking on me. Should i do it or just go for a puller fan install?

Also the tree was setup for a .500

Thanks again.

Last edited:
What times wshoudl I expect?

Hey guys, I am going to be goig to the track this weekend hopefully, and here the only option is an 1/8 mile track.

It is a 1990 Automatic have the following mods:
Just rebuilt automatic with a baumann shift kit and 4R70W gearing.
I have a cold air intake form a ford focus (which I made fit) isn't very pretty, but it puts the conical filter below the engine bay in the fender well.
I have no cats,2.5" downtubes, and a magnaflow reasonator which connects back to the stock exhasut after that.

I am gererally kinda slow, so my reaction time is gonna suck, be forewarned :D WHat pointers do ya'll have for that?

I was wanting to know what 1/8 mile times I should expect.

If this isn't enough to break 9, what mod next?

I was really hoping that I could run below the 9 second mark... I have a nitrous kit I'm installing this week, and I'd like to break 9 before spraying the N20... It is a mustang dry kit, and I figure I would try a 30 shot to see how it acts, then move up from there....

Thanks guys!

What times wshoudl I expect?

Hey guys, I am going to be goig to the track this weekend hopefully, and here the only option is an 1/8 mile track.

It is a 1990 Automatic have the following mods:
Just rebuilt automatic with a baumann shift kit and 4R70W gearing.
I have a cold air intake form a ford focus (which I made fit) isn't very pretty, but it puts the conical filter below the engine bay in the fender well.
I have no cats,2.5" downtubes, and a magnaflow reasonator which connects back to the stock exhasut after that.

I also have an intercooler fan, the 800 CFM one from Jegs...

I am gererally kinda slow, so my reaction time is gonna suck, be forewarned :D WHat pointers do ya'll have for that?

I was wanting to know what 1/8 mile times I should expect.

If this isn't enough to break 9, what mod next?

I was really hoping that I could run below the 9 second mark... I have a nitrous kit I'm installing this week, and I'd like to break 9 before spraying the N20... It is a mustang dry kit, and I figure I would try a 30 shot to see how it acts, then move up from there....

Thanks guys!

CO2 spray bar

Adam155724 said:
I was wondering what everone's opinion of a CO2 cooling setup for the intercooler.
I built a CO2 spray bar for my car. Tested it on a spare SIC on the bench. It frosted the IC. But with hot air inside, It won't frost. I bought a full 20 lb. bottle of CO2 (new hydrostat test), for about $30. $6 to refill the CO2 at a fire extinguisher place. The spray bar itself took about 2 hrs to build, & it goes all the way around the IC. It has about 22 jets, & sprays from all sides, into the middle of the IC.

If you're using a SIC, it could be sized so that the rubber bellows hold it in place. Then all you'd do is make a small hole in the bellow for the CO2 line. You'll need a puller fan on the back of the IC to draw the CO2 through though.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
here are some decent times:
10.682@66.974 2.4599 hehe, had to put these!
10.818@26.186 2.6084
9.796@73.865 2.215
9.663@73.130 2.195
9.792@71.765 2.172
9.860@71.378 2.189

My Sc does good at the track. after they resurfaced the track, I can just stall the auto up to about 1300, and jump off the brake and floor it and it just hooks.....without unhooking the firm ride too or burning out! the 10's are old time from before the track work.

Back