Turn Signal Switch

VostocK

I broke my turn signal switch the other day. I pushed it down kinda hard (really hard ) to make a left turn but it didn't come back up and stayed on. Besides turning the key off the only way to make it stop blinking is to pull the fuse. If you push the switch all the way up to where the right signal should come on it still blinks on the left but it does make the click sound. I also noticed that my break lights didn't work anymore with or without the turn signal fuse in. The fuse for the break lights ( labeled "stop lights" in the panel ) is not blown. After reading on this forum as much as I could find about the switch I found out the break lights run through that switch for some reason.If any of you guys have had to change one of these things I need to know if it is hard to replace. I already found a place to get one ($100) and I will order it tomorrow. The past few days I have been driving with no signals and pulling on the head lights every time I stop to make a kinda of dim ninja break light. If anyone knows anything about how to change it I would appreciate any advise. Also would it be a bad idea to try to get one from a junk yard?
Thanks.
DS748.jpg

DS747.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Vostock, these things are easy to replace and don't pay $100 bucks either. Mine went bad on me and I pulled one out of a 94 Taurus. These are common parts and should be easy to get in the junkyard. Like I said if you can find a T-Bird or Taurus you should be able to get one. To change it, unscrew the tilt steering lever and pull it off, then remove the lower dash panel that is down by your knees (3 bolts I think) then remove the 4 or 5 screws that hold the plasic cover around the steering column screws should be on the bottom of the cover. From there there are 3 screws that hold the switch on, undo the screws and take off the connectors. Then reverse to put back together. Fairly easy.

2 type of multifunction switches

There are 2 types.....blue/purple for auto headlight cars and green for manual headlight cars.....both replace using the same procedure......about 30 minutes (do a search...I put a reply to another thread out last month with detail removal and switch rebuild)

i have an extra one in my garage, i think its new, i still have the box and everything, it came with my SC in the trunk. PM ME if interested

Back