Does this exhaust flow enough for....

sizemoremk

Does this exhaust flow enough for these mods???

Hey guys, I have a 1990 SC auto.

I have a modified Ford Focus cold air intake with a conocal filter under the fenderwell.

I have swapped the MAF with the bigger one from a 93 SC.

I have a mustang NOS dry kit, which I plan to step up from the 30 to the 50 to the 75 horse shots. And plan to monitor AF as I increase the shot and such...

I may run a 5% or 10% pulley.

I am in the process of rebuilding the tranny with 4r70w internals for the bigger OD band, and wide ratio gear set.

I also have a eec tuner on the way, but haven't figured out exactly what to do with hit yet...

I plan on runnig it at the local 1/8th mile strip on occasion.

I have recently had a dual 2.5" to 3" magnaflow resonator with no cats put on; it is dual 2.5 pipes to the resonator then they "adapted" the 3" resonator outlet to connect to the stock exhaust before the gastank bends.

It seems a littel buzzy (or resonance) around 1500 to 1800... will that go away? I have heard that some mufflers with be a little buzzy until they get broken in? What exactly is the break in? does the carbon buildup of a few miles take away the buzz??? I wasn't looking for a pretty sound, I actually want it as quiet as possible while flowing enough. Could exhaust tips help this out?

But the main question is,
Do you think this exhaust will be OK to run the 5% or 10% pulley and the 75 shot of NOS? It certainly feels like t flows better! In fact it seems like it downshifts out of OD a little less, I guess because its got a little more power in OD.

I actually asked the guy to do dual 2.5" to the resonator, and then 2.5" to the stock split before the mufflers, but he told me that that area in the back from the resonator to the split before the mufflers is already 2.5" but I think he may be mistaken, I wonder if it just got late, and didn't feel like bending, cuz it looks like 2" back there to me... maybe I'll call him back...

I wanted to go 3" through the bends around the gastank and meet back up with the stock exhasut at the stock split to the stock mufflers, but there is only one shop here that can bend 3" pipe, and they won't do the cat delete, I wonder if that shop would mess with my exhaust now that the cats are already removed?

Thank for the input guys!

Last edited:
The stock mufflers tend to be kinda buzy when you do that..It should flow fine so long as you got rid of that lil itty bitty 2 inch flange that originally copnnected the rear exhaust to front

......so long as he got rid of that itty bitty flange...Should be ok! Stock mufflers arnt very restrictive at all.Its the cats and resonator/flange that are on the SC's

Back