I've got an EEC tunner on the way, wher do start?

sizemoremk

I see there is a yahoo group for EEC tuning but those are mostly Mustang guys...

I also seem to find discussions on this and on and other boards talking about very specific questions, but I cannot find a good "beginners guide" or anything yet...

Can someone point me in the right direction?

BTW, it is an MN12performance eec tuner.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thansk guys!

Sizemoremk, you are welcome to contact me for free info. A few of us keep in touch via email swapping tuning tips and ideas for the SC since George does not want to get a tuning forum up on the site at this time.

Paul

That is correct, Paul, but we do not stop or discourage people from discussing tuning tips in the Tech Forum! LOL

If that many people are interested the posting in the thread would make it easy to find and our search function works very well. It is just impossible to have a forum for every topic. Many people would say we have too many right now!!!

By no means am I implying that discussion is discouraged here. My statements are simply with regard to a consolidated information source which stays on topic and is focused on the SC is available for those who are interested. My assistance revolves around a sharing relationship with regard to tuning and that is not something which previous threads have provided much of unfortunately.
Paul

I would really like to see a tuning forum. I'm gonna need some help once I get the LM-1 I just ordered from Paul. Might as well just stick it in the members forums, there's a million there already that never get used, one more won't hurt. I don't have anything to discuss about it just yet, but it would be nice if some knowledgable people could maybe write some good basics without the post immediately getting shuffled to the bottom.

A few of us keep in touch via email swapping tuning tips and ideas for the SC

It would be really nice if those discussions were on the forum. I cant remember the times I just stumbled on some great info here where other people were getting answers to questions I hadnt even thought of yet.

forum...

A tuning forum would be very helpful. Something I would definitely like to see rather than eec tuning threads getting mixed in with the muck of everything else technical.

We do have a member's only performance forum. I'm sure the tuning thread would not be lost in there. Once people start posting and sharing information I'm sure others will follow.

There are also features in the user control panel to allow you to subscribe to threads, so you can be notified of a new post in threads that you have an interest in viewing.

My real point is that there will never be forums for every subject that everyone wants. We have as many people that want new But there is always a place for owners to share information. The more discussion that is taken "off-line" just means fewer people can find it and participate.

gldiii said:
We do have a member's only performance forum. I'm sure the tuning thread would not be lost in there. Once people start posting and sharing information I'm sure others will follow.

There are also features in the user control panel to allow you to subscribe to threads, so you can be notified of a new post in threads that you have an interest in viewing.

My real point is that there will never be forums for every subject that everyone wants. We have as many people that want new But there is always a place for owners to share information. The more discussion that is taken "off-line" just means fewer people can find it and participate.

I agree, there is no reason why these discussions do not take place in the Performance section. There have only been about 15 posts in the forum in the last 2 or so months.

i think i understand the eec tuner well enough to teach someone else. I'd be happy to help as Paul stated.....my teacher.. :cool:

gldiii said:
It is just impossible to have a forum for every topic. Many people would say we have too many right now!!!
Agreed. However I'd much rather have a "Tuning" forum than a "Brakes" forum. That Brakes forum should be part of "Suspension", it's only had 199 threads in the last 4 years. The tuning threads are of enough interest to merit their own sub forum, as is standard practice on many other auto enthusiast sites.

Come on, Rob! There is no "standard practice" on any of the auto boards! LOL

The current member's forums structure came over as part of the TBSCEC merger, We're not going to make any non-democratic changes to it until we get officers and way for a majority to decide what changes the membership wants, if any. Until that happens early next year, I have been offering helpful suggestions on how we can accomplish a similar goals in the the meantime. We might well have a tuning or other new forum in the future, just ain't happening today!

I have had people tell me that would like to have only 1 forum! That would be much easier to implement! LOL

George, IMO, though we are all happy to see the club progress and improve, many may not be overwhelmed with the speed it is occuring at. As a result, the "just ain't happening today!" part is what turns people off. Like I said before, if we had a dedicated forum in the members section, I would be happy to contribute. It just somewhat bothers me that I/we may have to wait upwards of 6 months+ as members for a change to be voted on, let alone take effect. Unlike the debate over the HP/Quarter mile time list, this is something that could have immediate benefit to the members. Obviously there is no point in discussing it further if you are firm on your statement of time frame.

Paul

Paul, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else is. For every time we have not implemented something right away, I have tried to offer reasonable alternatives to use in the meantime. I’m truly sorry if you cannot live with those suggestions until we get a final solution. For every one thing that some set of members think will greatly enhance the club experience there is another set that would oppose it. I would just like to be in a position where I could better judge majority opinion. Do your statements mean that if we could decide as a group to use performance forum as the forum for EEC Tuning discussion that you could not work with that decision and would still not participate until you got your way? I surely hope not! I won’t leave if we one day decide to setup a Tuning forum! LOL

Way back in the early discussions of me buying the club I had always set early 2005 as the time we would have club structure and officers. Believe me there is no one that wants to get out of the way more than I do. You always get better approval ratings when you are seen as the agent of change than when you actually become one of those agents! LOL Several things have been improved on the boards and we have more in the works, plus there are many ongoing things to keep alive. That new promised vendor forum that not everyone agrees with is ahead of any other forum creation right now.

I have accepted the blame and offered apologies in the past for moving so slowly. I realize that does not make everything alright. It has taken longer to do certain things than I originally thought. I’m still dedicated to seeing through what I originally promised the club we would accomplish and I will help see that through. Best I can do for now is try to be fair an honest in my communication with the club. I’m also not complaining about how much there is to do, because I do have a couple of people that are partnered with me to keep this going now and in the future.

George, my statements are not with regard toward you or the others involved in progress in any way intended to be negative. I am simply pointing out facts, facts which I am aware were stated when this all began and which I have accepted. My dislike for them is irrelevant, though my opinion. I do not feel anyone is doing a poor job or not fulfilling their promises either. If the group of us (with out without me) interested in a tuning forum chose to accept using the performance section for tuning discussion, I would not avoid participation there by any means, but we have stated as a group that we do not want it that way.

I do have a concern though which is a little off topic, though I will mention it anyway. I do not recall if part of the agreement of the merger with the TBSCEC requires adoption of its rules, but one of the rules would be rather prohibitive toward a goal of getting a new forum opened. I believe there was a percntage of the membership that had to vote in order to enact a change. Well, if this is the case and of all the members, the only people really interested are those that have posted here, that doesn't help us in getting a new forum established when voting time comes. By the same token, it clearly shows that the rest of the membership does not care enough one way or another so it is of no detriment to them if the new forum opens. See where I am going with this?

The only person in this thread who expressed oposition is Dave Dalke, so I ask Dave, would you contribute to tuning discussion and share your information if the performance section is used since you most likely have the most to offer being an SCT dealer? I suppose we could just take over that forum with tuning discussion and leave the title as performance for the sake of satisfying the existing policies.

Last off, George, was there a specific reason why the officers will not come into play until '05? I may have missed it during the announcements, but would like to be briefed on it.

Paul

P.S. sizemoremk, sorry for hijacking your thread, you are still welcome to contact me if I can be of help.

Self Tuning

Well after getting the tuner and the manual that came with it,there is lots of information needed to safely use the tuner.The manual does not go into enough detail to properly enable someone to tune the car themselves with any confidence.I would like a tuning forum at least something that would explain the parameters with a little more detail than the manual gives.If someone was to put together something with more details about what needs to be done then that might be a start.If this was done could this be put up
as a sticky in the performance section,this would be a good start anyways.
Just a question,why would we need offficers to implement a change,cant this be voted on by the membership.Is not the membership the driving force behind the club,or does the tail wag the dog?

Last edited:
Back