mustang tranny in my sc...

specops_SC

i just found out that i have a mustang gt aod in my car. the old transmission was going out so the previous owner got a buddy of his to change it out. he got another transmission for the car from an xr7, but when he cracked it open to check it out it was worse than the one on the car then. the owner didnt have enough time to look for another tranny and needed the car so his friend just put in an extra aod he had laying around from a gt. i know the sc/xr7 transmission is built up stronger so im wondering how long do i have before i'll start having problems. the tranny had about 50,000 on it. it hasnt given me any issues yet, but now im scared to race the car or drive it hard for fear of accelerating any internal failures that might happen..

specops_SC said:
i just found out that i have a mustang gt aod in my car. the old transmission was going out so the previous owner got a buddy of his to change it out. he got another transmission for the car from an xr7, but when he cracked it open to check it out it was worse than the one on the car then. the owner didnt have enough time to look for another tranny and needed the car so his friend just put in an extra aod he had laying around from a gt. i know the sc/xr7 transmission is built up stronger so im wondering how long do i have before i'll start having problems. the tranny had about 50,000 on it. it hasnt given me any issues yet, but now im scared to race the car or drive it hard for fear of accelerating any internal failures that might happen..
another 70000 miles as long as you take care of it.?

dont even squeal, i have a transmission from a 89 lx tbird, and i already put atleast 10,000 miles on it and still shifts smooth, well this one time i kinda got worried i had burned it because i did a hell of a burn out and later on it wouldnt shift out of first, but i found out the tranny fluid really really burned up, so i pumped out 2 quarts and dumped in a bottle of LUCAS TRANSMISSION FIX and QUART of CHEVRON ATF and it cured it right up, just be sure to pop in the biggest TRANSMISSION cooler u can afford, and do not bypass the radiator when u install it, have it run into the radiator, then to the cooler and back to the transmission, trust me, will add more miles to ur transmission, also i think u should get a SHIFT KIT to add even more life to ur transmission, will really help when u come up against a rival on the strip or the street :D

latez

Last edited:
Back