Super Charger Piping

Scour_king

Can Thermal Flex high-quality silicone hoses and couplers be used in place of metal piping to the intercooler. I see it used on joints but it can be order in up to 5in. sizes and all lengthes. Since its under pressure you shouldnt have to worry about it collapsing should we. I am looking for a few ideas to kinda set my car apart but I want reliablity to remain job one. I was thinking about switching to a front mount I/C and was thinking of using hose as it would be easier to manipulate than metal and kinda look neat also if it functions realiable.

yeah, well i doubt its a good idea, im planning on using 3 inch exhaust tube, just need to go to a shop and get it bent with the MANDREL.

Try the Honda Intake tubing

Scour_king said:
Can Thermal Flex high-quality silicone hoses and couplers be used in place of metal piping to the intercooler. I see it used on joints but it can be order in up to 5in. sizes and all lengthes. Since its under pressure you shouldnt have to worry about it collapsing should we. I am looking for a few ideas to kinda set my car apart but I want reliablity to remain job one. I was thinking about switching to a front mount I/C and was thinking of using hose as it would be easier to manipulate than metal and kinda look neat also if it functions realiable.

Pep boys Auto zone and some of these places have some cheap chromed 3 inch dia. tubing that can be manipulated threw old cooler position and around to front of the rad support,the next problem would be the couplers they must seal well with a Qaulity coupler and copper sealant
Vetteman

89 SC 5spd
76 vette
84 vette
87 vette
70 GT torino

I believe the IC piping sees both boost and vacuum. I doubt many flexible hoses could stand up to that. Plus there can be some high temps coming out of the M90 blower top.

Back