Front End a Bit Crooked

SCMakeiv

hey guys, the front end of my bird has the bumper being pushed down on one side, i think its the light assembly on the passenger side pushing down on the body peice, but the light assembly on the right side is off too, the guy said that they were new so im guessing it was just a poor job of putting them in. They have adjustment points dont they? i looked on the back of the assembly and there are two (reverse Allan key screws) that look like they might do the trick. any imput anyone? my site has a pic or two of the front end.Thanx

Brett Makeiv
'93 SC AOD, custom 2.25 exhaust, Fresh Air intake through silencer hole, shortened shifter.
www.cardomain.com/id/scmakeiv

hmmmm....

I would also like to know. My 95 lights are new and do not line up right. They seem to sit against the bumper but I dont' see anything to adjust them up or down???

I'm not sure on the later models, but on my 89 and 93 the head lights are mounted into a fixed position in a header panel that is bolted to the front of the chassis. Slight adjustments in headlight aim can be done by turning those hex heads. One handles the top right, the other handles the bottom left.

But any major adjustments would require shimming of the header panel where it bolts to the chassis. If it's out of alignment I would guess your chassis has been hit in the front and bent out of alignment. Perhaps never put back quite properly.

Mike8675309 said:
But any major adjustments would require shimming of the header panel where it bolts to the chassis. If it's out of alignment I would guess your chassis has been hit in the front and bent out of alignment. Perhaps never put back quite properly.

no, it doesnt require major adjustments, just a bit with the hex bolts

SCMakeiv said:
no, it doesnt require major adjustments, just a bit with the hex bolts

ok, it was more than the hex nuts, but i was convinced that it hadnt been in a front end collision, so being bored last night i ripped the whole assembly out and started looking for a solution, sure enough there are six bolts that hold the plastic light assembly in the front...i undid these a bit and did some adjustments. Sure enough after 3 hours of playing around with nuts and hex bolts my front end is just like new again...which im ever so glad of, it looked real bad before. The main 2 lights on the front were recently replaced before i bought the car so i figure the guy didnt spend the time to make them fit right. If your front end is a bit crooked like mine was and still need more info on how to fix, tell me your email and i can take pics of what to do.

Brett...93 AOD SC. 2.25 free flowing exhaust, 3" intake soon to be changed again...www.cardomain.com/id/scmakeiv

Back