Ditching EEC, What will happen...

blksc

Thinking about ditching the EEC on my 91, and going with a carb'd 347. Will i have any trouble out of the other computers such as ARC, and Anti-Lock ??

blksc said:
Thinking about ditching the EEC on my 91, and going with a carb'd 347. Will i have any trouble out of the other computers such as ARC, and Anti-Lock ??

I wouldn't think so. EEC stands for Electronic Engine Control but it still might tie into some other functions. I would get rid of the ABS and ARC as well. The ABS system is silly, and the ARC in my opinion is unnecessary as well. Extra weight. As far as the carb'd 347 goes, excellent idea. :D

Hmm yea i guess why not rip the other crap out too huh ?! In doing the swap i think not having that crap in the way will make for a much easier job, but at the same time force me to trailer the car around to the race tracks.

The ABS and EEC are totally independant on my 92. No problems removing it and going DFI. The wires for the front ABS sensors were a part of the engine electical harness on the right hand side but were easily stripped out. I don't know about the ARC since I'd removed the servos and ARC module long before doing the engine swap.

So you are saying that you removed all of the engine electrical wiring and didnt have a problem ? -- cool.

Back