Please explain the different blower models

fastsc92

Ok, all of a sudden i just got a bit confused. I'm trying to get my facts straight here.

I know the 89-93 style has the regular oval port, and the 94-95 has the rectangular port which is better. Is this blower refered to as the "S" type blower? Are all 94-95 style "S" port, and have the coatings on the rotor?

If i were to send an "S" port to MP, all they would do it modifly the outlet,, and port the inlet to mate up the their inlet plenum. Correct?

If anyone could clarify these things it would help a lot. Thanks guys.

You are mostly correct. 89-93 had the oval port and 94/95 the rectangular port and teflon coated rotors. S port was an aftermarket porting option back in the day that first could/was (?) only being done to the late model blowers. It was not a standard port. I think you can get any generation blower ported by several companies now. Also the late model has a bigger pulley then the 89-93 thus they were slowed down a little, but because of the other changes, made them more effective, if that's possible on an eaton.

What MP does, I'll let someone with first hand experience answer that one.

Hope this was helpful, and as always please correct if I had a brain wire melt down and posted incorrect information.

so the stock 94/95 style is not an s port?

I am planning on buying a 95 style blower and will either A: port the inlet and outlet the same as MP, or just send it to them. I hope it will be an upgrade from my stock 92 style blower. Also, i knew about the pulley's and here is my question. I currently have an ESM 5% on my early style...what would that relate to on the late model blowers? would it be too much?

Blower

If im not mistaken Im pretty sure a 5% pulley on a 94/95 supercharger is like having a 7% or 8% pulley

I wouldnt think that would be too much for you

If you are comfortable with a Die grinder you could port the supercharger yourself There are tons of threads on this topic

I Myself have a MP2 blower which I installed Coated rotors and did some additional porting over what MP did on the blower

OH i think i understand now. The s model was a modified 94-95 case. The magna port has the regular MP opening on the oulet, and the inlet is opened up to accept the MP plenum. They also offer a "standard" port which is the oulet porting, but the inlet is kept smaller so that it will still mate up with the stock inlet. Ah i see it all clear now. So the coated rotors will also for more effective sc opperation.... :)

Back