Porting my exhaust manifolds...

SCme

Guys, while I am having the engine rebuilt, I am doing some other items to the car. I am planing on porting at least the collector area of the manifolds. I got a dremel with one of those long flex extentions to use. If anyone has used a dremel or similar tool, what type of stone did you use? I haven't looked at them, but I am assuming the would be several different styles.

SCme said:
Guys, while I am having the engine rebuilt, I am doing some other items to the car. I am planing on porting at least the collector area of the manifolds. I got a dremel with one of those long flex extentions to use. If anyone has used a dremel or similar tool, what type of stone did you use? I haven't looked at them, but I am assuming the would be several different styles.

You're going to burn up your dremel doing that. Get a die-grinder (electric if you don't have a compressor) and some grinding stones (1.5" & 2"). That's all you need. Just don't cut to deep or you'll never get them to seal properly.

dremeling

I used rotory file bits in my dremel ...cast is pretty soft to them ..and finished it off with the sanding drums ....didn't even need the flex shaft ....I didn't find it to be much of a challenge :) ....dave

make sure you port the exhaust side of the head thats what really made mine rip theres a big step inside it to get rid of, dont dare grind it with the valve in if you hit the valve stem its junk

Back