Shifter questions, (not normal question)

Jason94Cobra

Has anyone cross referenced part numbers to rebuild their stock shifter with the same parts from a Mustang shifter? Or if they would fit with some modifications?

I have two Mustang shifters (one being brand new) that both are very precise feeling (good socket, bushings, etc) and was wondering if I could just use the parts from the Stang shifter to rebuild the one in my SC?

Would be a VERY cheap source of "rebuild kits" if someone knows the answer or if someone has a shot stock shifter that they would be willing to donate to the cause of me trying it. (If it works I'll rebuild the one from my car and send it back to you since I have more than one Stang shifter to try.)

I am afraid to pull apart the stock one in my car in case something goes wrong and I can't get it back together...

Never tried to rebuild mine, put a B&M in it and never looked back. Best bang for the buck for $160. Like night and day :D . Have heard of some rebuild kits, you would think someone would let you know. :confused:

Back