'So ow's she going matey..........?

White Lightning

Hey Red Knight, how ya making out with that storm chicken? get it sorted out yet? Finally got mine back on the streets today! sheeez, I don't know if I ever want to do motor mount/head gasket again!!! sounds good with the Kooks and no cats, good for now but I gotta find some low restriction cats and have 'em welded in, I had a really weird scene on the way to work, stopped in to have it wash, while I'm sitting their, the warning chime goes off, check guages, o.k., holy *****, no oil pressure, and the big amber lite, whatever that thing is goes on, and the battery symbol. I shut it down and let it run through the car wash, cause I was locked in already, rolled out the other side and had a look see, ya like you'd find anything, restarted it and everything was normal, explain that one?!? Next thing is the 3:27 to 1 rear. hope you got off light, l8trs, Frank aka White Lightning.

White Lightning said:
Hey Red Knight, how ya making out with that storm chicken? get it sorted out yet? Finally got mine back on the streets today! sheeez, I don't know if I ever want to do motor mount/head gasket again!!! sounds good with the Kooks and no cats, good for now but I gotta find some low restriction cats and have 'em welded in, I had a really weird scene on the way to work, stopped in to have it wash, while I'm sitting their, the warning chime goes off, check guages, o.k., holy *****, no oil pressure, and the big amber lite, whatever that thing is goes on, and the battery symbol. I shut it down and let it run through the car wash, cause I was locked in already, rolled out the other side and had a look see, ya like you'd find anything, restarted it and everything was normal, explain that one?!? Next thing is the 3:27 to 1 rear. hope you got off light, l8trs, Frank aka White Lightning.
Frank,
Sorry I haven't been checking the boards as often as I used to. "Thunderchicken away"!!! I'm back in business. It was the crank sensor. As to your oil gauge issue. It is most likely your oil presure sensor contact. I'll send you a picture if you need, or if I see you at Wally...I can show you. All it is is a pinch type connector that goes over the end of a bolt. You just have to pull it off and squeeze it with some pliers and then push it back on. Same thing with the upper ECT sensor contact. My gauge did the same thing. One sure fire way to see if you have oil pressure, which I'm sure you already know, is to take off your oil cap while it's running and shine a flashlight in to see if you can see oil splashing around the lifters.
Talk to you soon.
Brandon

Back