wierd speedo

92redsc

well got my car back on sunday and still working out some problems. has anyone ever had their speedo read high like 5-7 mph high? it has no gear changes or anything i dont think. what rpm is 60 in 5th gear with stock gearing for you??

my speedo is right on in fifth gear at 60 mph im at about 1600 rpm with 2.73 gears prob 1800 rpm with 3.08

well with the speedo messed up, it says im running JUST past 1500 at 60. i think my speedo is just having a wierd problem haha.

well ive done it from another car that i know is right, and i have to run around 5 mph more everywhere i go to stay with the flow of traffic.

My 91 has the same problem. It's off by about 5-7 depending on how fast you're going. Haven't figured it out yet (not that I've really looked into either). If you figure it out let me know.
Mike

i think my solution is a 140 mph speedo haha im gonna buy one soon just because i think they look cool.

Where can you get the 145mph speedo at? I would love to get ahold of one also. I thought that Ford stopped making them.

Shane

Back