Rpm Drop....

Sandmanownz

I'm about to buy a 93SC... last night I was driving it and when i get on it from a dead stop or even a roll, it drops rpm's a lot kinda loses power for a few seconds then gets on it and it strong.. just when throttle is opened past half or so it loses its power for a few seconds. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with a fuel pump/line or something, but i dont know that much. Can anyone help me? (maybe jerry?!?!). or anyone at all? Thank you

maybe ur belt is slipping, my belt would do that at around 1800 RPMS either i would keep it above that or below that and it would be fine, i took off the belt and cleaned it and it never did that again.

How is ur vacuum showing at idle? Any hissing noises u can hear?
Try pulling the codes.

ya, i think im going to drive it again (its not my car.. yet) and run some codes and check that out. I kind of thought it was something to do with fuel because of the fact that i can be going like 45.. put it to the floor it drops down but losses it all for like 2sec then comes on strong. Possibly something with the vac. like you said, but i dont hear a wine or anything at idle.. i did notice tho like when i get on it strong the check engine light comes on.. but soon as im off it and back down to 20mph and under, it turns back off, which makes it seem like its something to do with vac. :/ just trying to figure it out and get it fixed before i buy, and if its to bad of a problem not buy.

Sandmanownz said:
anyone else got any ideas? :/

Maybe plugs/wires? I was getting that when I'd floor it. After plugs and wire changes, I was running smooth all the time, even WOT.

Just a guess/suggestion.

Back