Another stock lifter question

Hock

I'm in the process (long and drawn out process) of rebuilding my engine. Now when I put my lifters back in it says that they must be collasped in order to set the valve lash. How can I do that in shadetreeville?

i never had problems with it and ive done a few 3.8 i just bolted down my rockers .it probably sat long enough for them to collapse on their own . the only time i have had problems with lifters not collapsings were on chevy and olds 3100 motor and chevy blazer 4.3 i had to re do it . i had to remove the intake again and take the lifters apart and clean them out to collapse them

Last edited:
On pearl, I soaked mine in oil, and then installed them, and torqued them to 23ft.lbs. No problems whatsoever.

I just rebuilt mine over the week of July 4th. I didn't have much trouble with the lifters. I just put the push rods in and torqued the rockers to the suggested amount. I did turn the engine over to make sure that the valve would be in the closed position to keep any extra pressure off the rockers.

Back