Looking for After Market Gages

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewood

I'd like to replace my boost and gas gage because they both are very inaccurate. Has anybody done these and what are some good replacements?
Thanks in advance,

I'm a big fan of Autometer, but if you go online with Summit racing or Jegs, you will see about every choice available, and at great prices.

FWIW, boost & fuel level would be my last choices. Fuel pressure and tranny temp are probably more critical for performance.

Last edited:
The wood,

Are you ever going to send that valve body back to me? Or even reply to my e-mails?

Thomas

this as a lesson learned from an old timer that's been around the block a few times.

Uhh.. okay. I'm pretty sure I've been around this board for a few more years then you have. I still don't understand how a total piece of junk worked 100% perfectly in my car, or how it got that way from being carefully wrapped in stored.

I was lucky to get my money back
Lucky? When did it ever sound like I wouldn't refund you. I had your money back withing 48 hours? What kind of person do you think I am?

I just wanted a response back. I was under the understanding that you would ship it back and I never heard anything back. What was I suppose to think?

I was suckered into buying,
Suckered? WTF are you talking about? I offered you a knowingly good part at a reasonable price. How is that suckering?

You make me sound like some sort of thieve. Trust me, I've been around here for a heck of lot longer then you, and everybody that's been here with me knows what kind of person I am. You are totally clueless on this one, and just plain ignorant for making a post like that.

Thomas

About the gauges, like was already said, check with Summit or Jegs.

As for Thomas A, it's be great doing business with him and I find it hard to believe he ever sold you a piece of junk. That, and the fact you won't even acknowledge his emails after he sent you a refund, makes it sound like your the one with shady business practices.

Kurt K said:
About the gauges, like was already said, check with Summit or Jegs.

As for Thomas A, it's be great doing business with him and I find it hard to believe he ever sold you a piece of junk. That, and the fact you won't even acknowledge his emails after he sent you a refund, makes it sound like your the one with shady business practices.

Yeah, Thomas is definitely a good person to deal with. You could've at least sent it back to him or answered his emails. You definitely sound like a shady character.

Not to boost (hehe boost.. Super Coupes.. you get it, right? :D) Thomas' ego anymore, but I totally agree with what was said above. He's a great guy to know and is honest with what he sells. Everything I've bought from him has been just as he described it, and in some cases, helped put the parts on.

-Andy "Melon"

I recently bought a radiator for my car from Thomas and it was just as he described it. Put it in and it's been doing fine without any problems at all. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the car. :( Thomas is a good guy.

David

thewood said:
Well I'm happy for you all. I'm not saying Thomas isn't a good guy, heck all I know he could be the next thing to Moses. What I do know is I order a valve body from him that couldn't be used because someone beat on it with a ball peen hammer. Thomas should have check the part before hand and posted a disclaimer before offering it out to the general public. Lesson learned here for Thomas.
There would never be a reason to beat on a valve body with a hammer, the thing practically falls right out after you remove all of the bolts. Damaged in shipping, maybe. Regardless, your handling of the matter seems less than ethical.

Finally, I think you mean lesson learned for everyone else. Don't sell to thewood.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really don't have too much more to add to this. What is done was done. But I will say this as I leave....

The VB was in perfect working order when I removed it from my car. There are numerous witnesses to that here on the board. Maybe the tranny shop did beat the helll out of it when they rebuilt the tranny, but the fact is it worked perfectly.

One small detail that was left out is that I OFFERED TO PAY FOR SHIPPING for you to return it, so I could simply inspect it myself. I wanted to see for myself the "total piece of junk" that I had sold you. But instead, you threw it away to save the club and general public from my thieving ways. :rolleyes:

So, me being the master thieve that I am, am out of a perfectly working VB and my shipping costs to you. I don't know, but most people that are looking to rip people off don't loose money and parts on the deal. :confused:

So, are you sure that isn't a picture of what you pulled out of your car, and my VB got thrown away, right into the bottom of your tranny? I don't know, just a thought???

Thomas

Thomas seems like a good guy to me. He's been very helpful. Sent me some parts that I needed very quickly. No problems. :D

Thomas is strait as an arrow.

Thomas, any time you sell something like that always make it unique.. Scribe it with your initials, or somehow modify it so you can tell if its yours.

Coy miller does this with his heads, and other engine parts..

WOOD: you should have returned Thomas' parts. You had no right to throw it away, especially when he was paying for shipping back to him. Do you think that Jegs or Summit would allow you to just throw away a part that you wanted a refund on? Hell no, they want it back.

I've bought from, and sold to Thomas on more than one occasion and I can tell you that he is not out to rip anyone off! It's a shame that Thomas is such a trusting guy (well probably not anymore with newbies). I personally would not have refunded your money until I had the parts back in my hands.

I'm with Thomas on this one, I think the VB is in thewoods car......

If it is in thewoods car, don't worry, what goes around comes around...... :mad:

Yep...Thomas is good people...

"TheWood" It would be in your best interest to either rustle through the trash and get the VB back in a box and sent to Thomas, or send him his $50 back...Pretty much anything other than one of those two actions would be unsat.

And yea....What comes around goes around...Which reminds me of a lil tune...

"Its a Small World After All"......

Brad

I can also vouch for Thomas. I've known him since 2001, bought several parts from him and sold several parts to him. Your not going to find a more honest guy.

TheWood, getting a refund on a supposedly bad part and then not returning the part, is the equilivent of stealing it.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back