SC Recipes

ThunderDave

And no I don't mean recipes for going fast in our cars. I'm talking about FOOD. Every other organization it seems like, has a cookbook with recipes donated by the members.

Didn't know how many of you liked to cook or would be willing to share some of your favorites with the rest of us, so we could try them ourselves.

I'll have to go through mine and pick out a good one.

David

NCredSC said:
And no I don't mean recipes for going fast in our cars. I'm talking about FOOD. Every other organization it seems like, has a cookbook with recipes donated by the members.

Didn't know how many of you liked to cook or would be willing to share some of your favorites with the rest of us, so we could try them ourselves.

I'll have to go through mine and pick out a good one.

David

Here's a good one for Superbowl or other parties and pot lucks...

Sassages:

5 pounds smoked sausage (I use ring bologna type)
2 12 oz. jars - Currant Jelly
2 12 oz. jars - Bennet's Chili Sauce (or any you prefer)

Simmer until desired amount of water is cooked out of the sausage and sauce thickens, usually an hour.

About 20 servings.

Makes a tangy non-standard barbecue sauce. People love em.

Or

Crackers:

20 oz. oyster crackers
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch powder salad dressing mix

Combine everything but the crackers in a bowl and mix well. In a large pot dump the crackers and pour the oil mixture over them. Stir until fully coated. Let stand in closed Tupperware container overnight for oil to be absorbed.

Makes somewhere around 20 ounces of crackers depending on how many you sneak thru the night :)

Just a couple good party recipes so you don't look like you ran to the store and got a vege plate.

The ultimate Monte Cristo not Carlo
----------------------------------
Texas Toast
Honey Ham
Turkey (your favorite)
a mild Swiss cheese
Maple Syrup Bacon
grey pupon (or any mustard like that)
rasberry Jelly or jam
eggs
paprika
salt and pepper
cream

1.Warm up a skillet or griddle if you have one coat with oil so the sandwiches don't stick. Cook up the bacon in the microwave to get it nice and crispy.
2.Beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl large enough to dip the texas toast in.
3.Dip however many slices you want (2 per sandwich duh!) into the egg mixture and place on the griddle. Watch them carefully because you don't want them to burn so keep the heat at a moderate temperature.
4. As soon as the batter on the toast browns a bit, flip each slice of toast over and then begin by placing the mustard on one side with the turkey and swiss and then place the ham and rasberry sauce on the other slice along with the bacon.
5. When the cheese begins to melt combine both slices into one sandwich and let the cheese melt completely causing a glue like substance that helps hold this heavenly sandwich together.
6. Sit down with some family or friends and enjoy some wicked Monte Cristo's.

If there's any spelling erros and type-o's forgive me I'm running late as I type this. Enjoy!!!

Sugo -- The best damn Pasta Sauce and Lasagna Sauce...Ever

I learned this one from my Mom, it was when we lived in Sardania, Italy for 2 years. I was only a couple of years old, but I remember the best part of it...EATING! w00t!
The only bad thing about this is that it takes soooooo long to prepare and cook, but well worth your time. Since I am in the states, I have had to get pre-made tomato sauce instead of making my own...anyway...

4 big cans of tomato sauce, not extra big, but i think they are about 5" tall, 5" in circumference...
Crushed garlic
2 carrots
1/2 Onion the white one, whatever its name it.
2 stalks of celery
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Chop the Onion, Carrots, and Celery, very, very, fine. I'm talking to the point where they are about the size of big bread crumbs, or at least try to. It'll be a pain in the butt, I know, that's why I make a lot at once.

Once everything is chopped, get a med. size skillet, 8"-10" should be good.

Cover the bottom of the skillet with a thin layer of olive oil, put on med heat and start cooking carrots, 5 min later, put celery and onions in. cook till the onion are see through.

While cooking the Carrots and other veggies, open the tomato sauce cans and put them in a big pot. Put the sauce on at medium and cover.

when the veggies are done cooking, pour the entire contents of the skillet into the pot. Olive oil and all...seriously.

If you have pre-crushed garlic in a jar, put about 2 baby spoons( you know what I am talking about a BABY spoon, like you feed a baby with the spoon), or more if you like garlic, into the pot as well. Stir until mixed well, or close to it.

Once done stirring, cover the pot, and stir every 10-15 min. Cook for 4 hours.

When the sauce is done, it will make you salivate for more, and you can use it for lasagna as a red sauce.

All I have to say, is DO NOT PUT MEAT in the sauce, it will ruin the taste. Trust me. True Sardanian pasta is meatless. I am sure I have some other recipes, but I can only think of the best damn pasta sauce ever!

If anyone tries it, lemme know what you guys think..

Stephen

89SCK@t said:
Sugo -- The best damn Pasta Sauce and Lasagna Sauce...Ever

I learned this one from my Mom, it was when we lived in Sardania, Italy for 2 years. I was only a couple of years old, but I remember the best part of it...EATING! w00t!
The only bad thing about this is that it takes soooooo long to prepare and cook, but well worth your time. Since I am in the states, I have had to get pre-made tomato sauce instead of making my own...anyway...

4 big cans of tomato sauce, not extra big, but i think they are about 5" tall, 5" in circumference...
Crushed garlic
2 carrots
1/2 Onion the white one, whatever its name it.
2 stalks of celery
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Chop the Onion, Carrots, and Celery, very, very, fine. I'm talking to the point where they are about the size of big bread crumbs, or at least try to. It'll be a pain in the butt, I know, that's why I make a lot at once.

Once everything is chopped, get a med. size skillet, 8"-10" should be good.

Cover the bottom of the skillet with a thin layer of olive oil, put on med heat and start cooking carrots, 5 min later, put celery and onions in. cook till the onion are see through.

While cooking the Carrots and other veggies, open the tomato sauce cans and put them in a big pot. Put the sauce on at medium and cover.

when the veggies are done cooking, pour the entire contents of the skillet into the pot. Olive oil and all...seriously.

If you have pre-crushed garlic in a jar, put about 2 baby spoons( you know what I am talking about a BABY spoon, like you feed a baby with the spoon), or more if you like garlic, into the pot as well. Stir until mixed well, or close to it.

Once done stirring, cover the pot, and stir every 10-15 min. Cook for 4 hours.

When the sauce is done, it will make you salivate for more, and you can use it for lasagna as a red sauce.

All I have to say, is DO NOT PUT MEAT in the sauce, it will ruin the taste. Trust me. True Sardanian pasta is meatless. I am sure I have some other recipes, but I can only think of the best damn pasta sauce ever!

If anyone tries it, lemme know what you guys think..

Stephen

Stephen,

That's the best recipe I think I've ever read. :D :D

Did you just type that off the top of your head or did you have to get therecipe card??? It's sounds really good. I know I'll try it.

David

NCredSC said:
Stephen,

That's the best recipe I think I've ever read. :D :D

Did you just type that off the top of your head or did you have to get therecipe card??? It's sounds really good. I know I'll try it.

David

David,

Are you just saying that so I don't feel that it was a waste of my time to type that excrutiatingly long recipe?? :D
Just messing with ya. :p

If you make it let me know. I'll come over...

Stephen

PS -- I have made it so many times, that I know when it is just right...and no, I do not have a recipe card, so...yeah, I wrote it off the top of my head...

Cookin on the road

Chop up some potatos, onions and carrots,
Take about 1/2 pound of roast beef, venison, woodchuck or whatever.
Throw them all together with salt and pepper and a stick of butter and wrap them up in some aluminum foil. (Wrap them really good so the butter won't leak out).
Place the foil bundle on your lower intake manifold next to the supercharger.
Go for a 2 hour drive.

Easiest Roast recipe in the world!

One 5-7lb Eye of Round Roast
Roasting pan with rack

Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees
Season roast to taste, and place on rack in small roasting pan
Turn oven down to 475 degrees
Cook roast for 7 minutes per pound
Turn off oven and leave roast in oven for 2.5 hours
DoNot Open Oven during this time!!

Serves 6-8

From the Texas Beef Council website