3.8 switch

ThunderDave

How hard would it be to remove the SC 3.8 and install a n/a 3.8? I've had enough of the bad running problems to hold me for a while. I can get a 3.8 out of a bird with all the electronics and accessories needed to do the swap.

What I'm I looking at so far as difficulty and time goes? I'd go for a 5.0 swap, but the 3.8 is here and now and I need to get my car back on the road.

Thanks,

David

mmm remove the SC belt without boost lots of your problems will go and youll get better mpg and if you ever need to sell it well, just reinstall the Sc belt..

or do the swap but try to keep the SC block as its stronger. but swap heads upper and lower manifold and maybe ecc.

I you are thinking about swapping the whole motor, it is a lot of work and certainly not worth it. I'd sell the car as is before I'd do that. :/ I'm not sure what kind of running problems you've had but if they are in any way related to anything electrical you will have to swap the entire engine harness and EEC as well as change some of the other wiring.

I'm doing headgaskets on my Grandmothers old 92 Lincoln Continental. The car only has 30,000 miles on it and was litteraly driven by a little old lady and serviced by me. My nephew inherited the car when his SC was down for trans work and it has two blown cylinders. If I have to drive and service a Ford 3.8 V6 it's going to be a supercharged SC version. Why go through all this for 145 wimpy horses. The Ford 3.8 is junk, so you might as well have fun with it between tear downs.

Jerry

Back