5% or 10% overdrive??

92redsc

well i know this has been asked alot. but my case is a little different. first of all here are the stats. removed air scilencer, gutted cats. next mod:free flowing exhaust kind of the SCP 2.5-3-2.5 setup. then a 3.5 fresh air. then a overdrive for the 'charger. so what do you guys think would be the best because this motor is very new (has 260 miles as we speak). i dont know if the 10% is bad with stock manifolds or what but i was thinking with gutted cats and a better exhaust it would be ok. what boost psi are we talking with the 10% anyway? right now i am running 11. thanks for your input!

Well I have a 10% on my 89 and I blew the head gaskets within 2 months ,the motor only had 40k on it but since I put the felpro gaskets they seem to hold to this point .What I mean to say is if the head gaskets are not stock you should be ok ,seat of the pants and boost response are awesome! get a double IC and you said your already gonna open the exhaust ! then go for the 10% :D :D

did you have the exhaust opened up when you blew the HGs? haha yea the 10% sounds good, does it add power and tourque all the way across the board, or do you lose any anywhere or what??

Do a 5%. I have the 10% on mine with stock manifolds and I hit about 13-14 PSI. In the summer that pulley does more harm than good. My friend with his stock SC could beat my pullied, intake, and exhaust car when he was stock if it was hot and humid which it usually is all summer. But when the cool temperatures come along he didn't stand a chance. The 5% should be the better adder to put power all the way across the power band.

Back