1.8 roller rockers question

hytorksc

Does anyone know how much extra lift these have over stock, and how much more hp is added if any?

Is it comparable to having a very mild cam upgrade?

you know what... i just realized that there might be problems with alignment of the pushrod and clearance of the arms if the 1.8 rockers are slightly longer than stock. This is probably not a good idea at all.

re-phrasing the questions-

1. Is there anyone out here at all having success using 1.8 roller rockers, and is there any power gained with these?

2. Is there any hp regained from less frictional losses using stock or upgraded rockers with rollers as opposed to original stock WITHOUT rollers on them?

Last edited:
Yes and no.

I've used the 1.8's vrs stock rockers and I'm not able to tell the difference on the dyno or the track. To determine lift just take total lift with stock rockers (ex. .447) and multiply by 1.8/1.72 which will give you .468". It also increases effective duration slightly but you can't calculate that. I noticed a drop in engine vacuum of about 1" at idle from the 1.8 rockers. I also had an issue with the pushrods hitting the clearance holes in the heads and bending stock pushrods. Going to hardened or moly pushrods that don't flex as much will cure that problem.

So in summary I wouldn't bother changing the stockers unless you have cam lift in excess of .525" and/or big heavy-duty valve springs, and I don't think that 1.8's offer any advantage over 1.73's.

Back