New Gears

SCaddict

I just had my 3:73 gears installed in my 90SC (AOD) and now the speedo is way out. Can anyone tell me what speedo gear I need with stock tire size? And how hard is it to change? And how do you change it?

Fast Ed has a link. He posted it for me but for some reason my search didn't find the post. It was fairly recent if you want to try a search.

there is another way.....

there is a unit that will adjust your speedo for you without changing anything. It is a simple hook up that you put into the speedo feed from under the dash. My son got it from someplace and with a hand held "GPS" you can get it down to the right speed. Best part is that you can move it to another car if you sell, or if you change gears again it can fix you right up again. It has a endless range of adjustment, as it did do a set of 4:30's gears for me...........Rich

David,

Thanks for the info. The shop I used had a heck of a time to get them shimmed up right. Took like 6 or 7 hours and the end result was a $700 bill for install including extra parts. :eek: Hope they are a great addition.

Back