wierd times

92redsc

well i got to the track tonight on the fresh motor. i only have around 350 miles total on the motor. we are up here at 3500 ft. and a horrible density altitude, and a slick as hell track. my best 60 ft was a 2.5, which i know is horrible. i will try and get that down. my best ET was a 16.4 at 84 mph. i have no clue why it its so slow but im thinking maybe the new engine might have something to do with it, like mabey being tight???? well i dont know. anyone have any good suggestions for breaking in the engine?

Not too bad

92redsc said:
well i got to the track tonight on the fresh motor. i only have around 350 miles total on the motor. we are up here at 3500 ft. and a horrible density altitude, and a slick as hell track. my best 60 ft was a 2.5, which i know is horrible. i will try and get that down. my best ET was a 16.4 at 84 mph. i have no clue why it its so slow but im thinking maybe the new engine might have something to do with it, like mabey being tight???? well i dont know. anyone have any good suggestions for breaking in the engine?

I also run at 3500 feet. When my SC was near stock (no cats new center section or exhasut, 3.27 gears) my very first run at the track netted me a 16.6 at 84 MPH. My 60's were in the 2.5-2.6 range. As I learned to launch the car and shift a little better (5 spped) I had dropped to 16.3 by the end of the night (my fourth run), it was the only one I did not spin onthe 2-3 shift as well. I got down the the 15.7 mark at 89 with the removal of the Air intake silence and a K&N panell, as well as more seat time.

Dave

Back