Problems with new Tbody.

Blue89SC

I bought the professional products mustang throttle body and after putting it on i am having problems with my idle. At first it idled ok but after i drove for a minute is started idling higher and higher. after driving for about 15 min it got all the way to 4500 rpms at idle .... the idle control screw is all the way in...also the car ran fine with the stock tbody... any suggestions???
anthony

Idle problems??

where you running it with air box off?If so check the IAC(Idle air control)it gets grimed up and somtimes the vavle sticks spray it with starting fliud and try againalso spray some carb cleaner all around the throttle body and see if it changes idle ,might have vacuum leak.
Vetteman

id say

id say you have a leak somewhere. check to see if the throttle plate is nearly completely closed when the throttle is closed. did you use a new gasket inbetween the inlet plenum and the t-body? what about inbetween the iac and t-body? and lastly, no, carb cleaner wont hurt the iac valve-take it off and spray into the holes only until the fluid that comes out is clean-not black and nasty. good luck, mike

Tb

I just put one of them on, and I had to adjust my TPS, dont spray no cleaner on them sensors I was told that will kill them, anyways the TPS should be at like .95, but on mine I had to put it at .90 to make it run right, I tell you .02v sure does make a hell of a difference, Hope this helps Mike

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said..Adjust your TPS...It is manually adjustable with that unit...Use a Meter on the Green wire with Key on. Seems some want .95v and others want something else..Mine did the same darn thing and I took it to .95 and got the results I was looking for.

Brad

Back