New personal best

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
In case you guys missed it, I ran a 12.776 s @ 107.32 mph on Wednesday, 8/11. I sent a video of the run to Ron and will be submitting my timeslip as soon as I get it scanned. I might be heading back next week to try a little harder.

At least I moved up one place on the list :D

John Shelton said:
Congrats, Kurt! How was the 60'?

Time to edit the sig.
Thanks John. The 60' was 1.839 Hmm, I just noticed I had a better 60' (1.819) on my first run of the night that I ran a 12.86. Looks like there's still a little more left. I really need a cold air divider and a FMIC. Or I could settle for an AR :)

Oh yeah, the sigs update.

I'd say that between a cold intake air source, 60' optimizing, and intercooler potential, you've got a few more tenths waiting for you. :)

John Shelton said:
I'd say that between a cold intake air source, 60' optimizing, and intercooler potential, you've got a few more tenths waiting for you. :)
That, and I forgot to mention, my posi is going out. My last burnout only the left wheel heated up--same thing happened at the shootout. As a result, the right tie slipped at launch.

Hopefully, I can afford to fix the posi before the shootout.

Great #'s Kurt. Looks like you and the SC have come a long way in the last few years. I remember when 13's was the goal for a bunch of us. Now 12's are the goal for many of us. Hopefully I'll join you in the 12 second club one of these days. Congrat's man. :)

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
Great #'s Kurt. Looks like you and the SC have come a long way in the last few years. I remember when 13's was the goal for a bunch of us. Now 12's are the goal for many of us. Hopefully I'll join you in the 12 second club one of these days. Congrat's man. :)
Thanks Jimmy. Yeah, I remember when my goal was low 13's, but that was before I ran mid 13's with bolt-ons...it all changed after that.

Ya, soon 12's will be ordinary and 11's will be the challenge. :D Good to see you moving up again Kurt. Like John said, you have at least a couple .10's in there if not more. You should be running easy 1.70 60fts with a new posi.

TbirdSC93 said:
congrats kurt! is that with the new tranny work?
Yep, that's with the new tranny. I think the stall is just about perfect, but I'm still on the fence about the VB. It functions as advertised and doesn't shift into OD until you let off the throttle in 3rd, but for everyday driving it shifts into OD way too soon. I will probably be going back to my Lentech VB in the future, but right now I don't want to work on my car, I just want to enjoy it.

Congrats Kurt, I'm glad to see that your car is running so good. BTW, I don't think it's the tranny....I think it's those red tensioner pulleys I loaned you.

David

Back